Academic Policy Committee
- Instructions for Submission to APC
|Administration (Non-voting ex-officio)|
|Karen Antman, MD – Provost BMC and Dean BUSM|
|Linda Hyman, PhD – Associate Provost GMS|
|MaryAnn Campion, EdD – Assistant Dean GMS|
|APC Members: Review and vote on all proposals|
|J.K. Blusztajn, PhD – Pathology and Laboratory Medicine|
|Rachel Fearns, PhD – Microbiology|
|Fernando Garcia-Diaz, PhD – Physiology & Biophysics|
|Louis Gerstenfeld, PhD – Medicine|
|Stacey Hess-Pino, MS – Medical Sciences & Education|
|David Levin, PhD – Oral Biology|
|Carryl Navalta, PhD – Psychiatry|
|Anurag Singh, PhD – Pharmacology & Experimental Therapeutics|
|Louis Toth, PhD – Anatomy & Neurobiology|
|Joseph Zaia, PhD – Biochemistry|
Academic Policy Committee (APC) shall:
- comprise the Chair, elected by the APC members who include one elected GMS faculty member from each basic science department, one from Oral Biology, and two from the Masters programs.
- meet at least twice per semester to:
- review and approve new courses, present them to the Associate Dean for GMS for final approval and report to the Steering Committees all newly-approved courses.
- review, critique, and assess proposals for new masters and doctoral degree Programs. The APC recommends approved new degree programs to the appropriate Steering Committee, which presents proposals at the GMS faculty meeting for vote. The Associate Dean transmits the proposal to the Dean for approval and then to the University Provost’s office for the required University approval process.
- select the chair and APC members for program reviews.
- advise the Associate Dean’s office on all matters relating to courses, curricula, and degree requirements for inclusion in bulletins and official publications of GMS.