When: Monday, November 28th, 2016. 6:30-8:00pm.
Where: Bakst Auditorium, Boston University School of Medicine (72 East Concord St, Boston, MA).
Please join SIFMA NOW, Student Coalition on Addiction, Boston Homeless Solidarity Committee, BU Advocacy Training Program, Tufts Addiction Medicine Interest Group, and CIR Opioid Working Group for a screening of Everywhere But Safe–“a documentary film that examines public injection drug use in New York and charts a path toward healthier and safer communities. Filmed in New York City, Albany, Schenectady, and rural Columbia County, the film includes perspectives from people who inject drugs, public health experts, and government officials”–and panel discussion on the current state of the opioid epidemic.
Refreshments will be served.
This is an important topic with substantial impacts on patients, providers, and communities. We’d love to see you there!
Attention all GMS students:
Spring 2017 registration will take place on Sunday, October 23rd. Please visit the Registration page for registration information sent out to all students.
What: Fall Career Fair
Where: Metcalf Hall, George Sherman Union, 775 Commonwealth Avenue
When: Thursday, October 20th from 10:30AM – 3:30PM
The Fall Career Fair is a general, university-wide Career Fair open to students and alumni of all levels and majors. We encourage all students to attend this recruiting event. Professional attire is required. Bring resumes and/or business cards.
For a complete list of recruiters scheduled at the Fair, please visit Handshake.
Special Projects: Projects that directly engage BU students in the arts
Spring 2017 Project: October 14, 2016
Preference will be given to projects that would continue to have a life after funding, are connected to the BU Arts Initiative Signature event (if announced), and promise maximum impact. Priority projects will be interdisciplinary in nature, include cross-college and cross-school collaborations, and match the BU priorities of inclusiveness and enhancing student-life experience. Please feel free to contact us if you have questions about any of the grant information or procedures. Read the below criteria carefully. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. We recommend printing these criteria and reviewing them carefully before submitting your proposal.
- Projects must be focused on engaging BU students in arts activity or an academic exploration of the arts
- $2,000 maximum
- The BU Arts Initiative will not fund more than 50% of a project (i.e. you must have 50% of the funds from elsewhere)
- The project coordinator is responsible for arranging and managing the event and securing appropriate permissions
- Statements and contact information from proposed partners must be included
- The project must be sponsored by a university office or program
- A detailed budget of both income and specific expenditures for the entire project must be submitted separately to artsinbuATbu.edu – proposals without budget submissions will not be considered
- We will not fund food (receptions, dinners, etc.)
- Proposals by students for projects required for coursework cannot be considered
- A post-project report will be required within 30 days of the completion of the project
- Grantees are expected to track student participation (specific names and BU ID) for reporting
Please visit this webpage to complete the online application.
The Occupational Health Center will be offering the influenza (flu) vaccine at not cost to Boston University employes. We encourage you to get the vaccine during one of the scheduled clinics to not only protect yourself, but also your colleagues and your family. For information regarding the 2016-17 flue vaccine please refer to the Occupational Health Center’s website at http://www.bu.edu/buohc/flu/. If you have any questions regarding the vaccine or clinic schedule, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
– To enable easier administration of the vaccine please wear a short sleeve shirt
– Additional clinics will be held as needed
– MA DPH recommends that all health care providers receive the influenza vaccine unless contraindicated
Please walk in during the dates and times listed below that correspond with the first initial of your last name. If you are unable to come on your designated date, you may walk in during one of the other scheduled clinics. Please note there will be clinics held on both the Charles River and Medical Campus.
Charles River Campus
Location: Occupational Health Center, 930 Commonwealth Ave. (enter on Pleasant Street), 1st floor
First Initial of Last Name: A-D
Monday, October 3rd: 10:00 AM-12:00 PM, 2:00 PM-4:00 PM
First Initial of Last Name: E-H
Wednesday, October 5th: 10:00 AM-12:00 PM, 2:00 PM-4:00 PM
First Initial of Last Name: I-M
Thursday, October 6th: 10:00 AM-12:00 PM, 2:00 PM-4:00 PM
First Initial of Last Name: N-Q
Tuesday, October 11th: 10:00 AM-12:00 PM, 2:00 PM-4:00 PM
First Initial of Last Name: R-U
Wednesday, October 12th: 10:00 AM-12:00 PM, 2:00 PM-4:00 PM
First Initial of Last Name: V-Z
Thursday, October 13th: 10:00 AM-12:00 PM, 2:00 PM-4:00 PM
Location: Medical Campus Human Resources, 801 Massachusetts Ave., Suite 400
First Initial of Last Name: A-M
Tuesday, October 18th: 10:30 AM- 2:30 PM
First Initial of Last Name: N-Z
Friday, October 21st: 10:30 AM- 2:30 PM
– History of severe reaction to influenza vaccination
– Moderate-to-severe illness
– History of Guillain-Barre syndrome
– Allergy to neomycin/polymyxin
Congratulations to Anjali Jacob, a fourth-year MD/PhD student, who was recognized by the Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology (FASEB) Lung Epithelium Conference for the best trainee oral presentation and winner of the Jo Rae Wright Young Investigator of the Year Award.
The medical campus will be hosting 3 flu vaccine clinics as follows. Any GMS students in clinical programs, or have plans to access BMC facilities will be required to get a flu shot. A sticker on your ID will indicate your vaccination compliance. Below are instructions on how to update your student health record with receipt of non-BU vaccination.
Walk-In Flu Clinics: Room L-109 A| B| C
Tues, Sept 20, 5:00-8:00pm
Thurs, Sept 22, 11:00am-1:00pm
Tues, Oct 18, 5:00-8:00pm
- Log onto Patient Connect. (Accessed via the SHS website)
- Select Messages and New Message
- Select the first option “Scheduling, incoming health requirements, immunizations, medical records, etc.”
- Add the document as an attachment, make sure your BU ID# is written on document, and Send