Any person who has completed all requirements for a baccalaureate degree from a recognized college or university, or with equivalent education, may apply for admission to the Division of Graduate Medical Sciences.
Required documents are listed below.
(Please note: required documents may vary for the PA program. Please check PA website):
- An official transcript of each college or university attended.
- Three letters of recommendation from faculty members in your proposed field
- A Personal Statement, up to 500 words that describe your qualifications and the objectives of your intended educational program at the Division.
- Official results of the General Test of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
International Applicants- Additional Documents:
- Transcript and letters of recommendations should be in English
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or IELTS for applicants whose native language is not English
- Completion of the International Application Cover Sheet
- The financial documentation is NOT required for international Ph.D. applicants.
All documents should be uploaded to the GMS online application. Credentials not submitted online should be sent by postal mail to:
Admissions, Division of Graduate Medical Sciences
Boston University School of Medicine
72 East Concord Street, Room L-317
Boston, MA 02118
Phone: (617) 638-5255
Fax: (617) 638-5740
All students interested in the Physician Assistant Program should apply through CASPA.
For the Physician Assistant Program, documents can be mailed to:
Madeline Brisotti, MA
Physician Assistant Program, BUSM
72 East Concord Street, Room L-801
Boston, MA 02118
Phone: (617) 638-5744