1. Alford DP, Compton P, Samet JH. Acute pain management for patients maintenance methadone or buprenorphine therapy. Ann Intern Med. 2006;144:127-134.
2. Amodeo M, Ellis M, Samet JH. Introducing evidence-based practices into substance abuse treatment using organization development methods. Am J Drug Alc Abuse. 2006;32:555-561.
3. Battaglia TA, Ash A, Prout MN, Freund KM. Cancer prevention trials and primary care physicians: Factors associated with recommending trial enrollment. Cancer Detection and Prevention 2006:30;34-37.
4. Bokhour BG, Berlowitz DR, Long JA, Kressin NR. How do providers assess antihypertensive medication adherence in medical encounters? J Gen Intern Med . 2006;21:577-583.
5. Carr PL, Edelin KC. Increasing the number of medical students from under-represented minorities. BMJ. 2006;332:(7544):740.
6. Chuang CH, Liebschutz, JM, Horton NJ, Samet JH. Association of violence victimization with unsafe condom use in HIV-infected persons. AIDS and Behavior . 2006;10:201207.
7. Cook RL, McGinnis KA, Kraemer KL, Gordon AJ, Conigliaro J, Maisto SA, Samet JH, Crystal S, Rimland D, Bryant KJ, Braithwaite RS, Justice AC. Intoxication before intercourse and risky sexual behavior in men with and without HIV infection. Med Care . 2006; 44:31-36.
8. Crosby S, Norredam M, Paasche-Orlow MK, Piwowarczyk L, Heeren T, Grodin M. Prevalence of torture survivors among foreign-born patients presenting to an urban ambulatory care practice. J Gen Intern Med . 2006;21:764-768.
9. Dickert N, Kass N, Paasche-Orlow MK. Taylor H. Exclusion particular information from consent forms. Accountability in Res . 12:1013.
10. Fang MC, Go AS, Hylek EM, Chang Y, Henault LE, Jensvold NG, Singer DE. Age and the risk of warfarin-associated hemorrhage: The Anticoagulation and Risk Factors in Atrial Fibrillation (ATRIA) Study. J Am Ger Soc 2006; 54:1231-6.
11. Fowler FJ, Barry MJ, Walker-Corkery B, Caubet JF, Bates DW, Lee JM, Hauser A, McNaughton-Collins M. The impact of a suspicious prostate biopsy on patient’s psychological, socio-behavioral, and medical care outcomes. J Gen Intern Med . 2006;21:715-721
12. Frayne SM, Parker VA, Christiansen CL, Loveland S, Seaver MR, Kazis LE, Skinner KM. Health status among 28,000 women veterans: The VA women’s health program evaluation project. J Gen Intern Med. 2006;21:Suppl3:S40-46.
13. Garcia DA, Hylek EM. Antithrombotic therapy in atrial fibrillation. In: Jacobs LG: Clinics in Geriatric Medicine: Thromboembolic disease and antithrombotic agents in the elderly. Philadelphia:W.B. Saunders Co.; 2006;22:155-166.
14. Garcia DA, Regan S, Crowther M, Hylek EM. The risk of hemorrhage among patients with warfarin-associated coagulopathy. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2006;47:804-8.
15. Greenwald JL, Hall J, Skolnik PR. Approaching the CDC’s Guidelines on the HIV Testing of Inpatients: Physician-Referral Versus Nonreferral-Based Testing. AIDS Patient Care& STDs. 2006(20)5;1-7.
16. Greenwald JL. Routine HIV testing in Hospitals: Another opportunity for Hospitalists to Improve Care. Journal of Hospital Medicine. 2006;1(2):106-112.
17. Greenwald JL, Burnstein GR, Pincus J, Branson B. A Rapid Review of Rapid HIV Antibody Tests. Infectious Disease Reports. 2006;8:125-131.
18. Greenwald JL, Rich CA, Bessega S, Posner MA, Maeda JL, Skolnik PR. Evaluation of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Recommendations Regarding Routine Testing for Human Immunodeficiency Virus by an Inpatient Service: Who are we missing? Mayo Clin Pro. c 2006;81(4):452-458.
19. Guyatt G, Gutterman D, Baumann MH, Addrizzo-Harris D, Hylek EM, Phillips B, Raskob G, Zelman-Lewis S, Schunemann H. Grading strength of recommendations and quality of evidence in clinical guidelines. Report from an American College of Chest Physicians task force. Chest 2006;129:174-181.
20. Hylek EM. Preadmission antithrombotic treatment and stroke severity in patients with atrial fibrillation and acute ischaemic stroke: an observational study. [Invited Commentary]. Nature Clinical Practice Cardiovascular Medicine. 2007 Feb 6 (Epub ahead of print).
21. Hylek EM. Translating the results of randomized trials into clinical practice: the challenge of warfarin candidacy among hospitalized elderly patients with atrial fibrillation [letter]. Stroke. 2006;37:2868.
22. Hylek EM, D’Antonio J, Evans-Molina C, Shea D, Henault LE, Regan S. Translating the results of randomized trials into clinical practice. The challenge of warfarin candidacy among hospitalized elderly patients with atrial fibrillations. Stroke. 2006;37:1075-1080.
23. Jagsi R, Phil D, Guancial EA, Cooper Worobey C, Henault LE, Chang Y, Starr R, Tarbell NJ, Hylek EM. The “Gender Gap” in authorship of academic medical literature – a 35 –year perspective. N Engl J Med. 2006, 355: 281-7.
24. Kertesz S, Larson MJ, Cheng DM, Tucker JA, Winter M, Mullins A, Saitz R, Samet JH. Need and non-need factors associated with addiction treatment utilization in a cohort of homeless and housed urban poor. Med Care. 2006;44:225-233.
25. Kim TW, Alford DP, Malabanan A, Holick MF, Samet JH. Low bone density in patients receiving methadone maintenance treatment. Drug Alc Depend. 2006;85:258-262.
26. Kim TW, Kertesz SG, Horton NJ, Tibbetts N, Samet JH. Episodic homeless and health care utilization in a prospective cohort of HIV-infected persons with alcohol problems. BMC Health Serv Res. 2006;6:1-10.
27. Kripalani S, Paasche-Orlow MK, Parker RM, Saha S. Advancing the field of health literacy. J Gen Intern Med . 2006;21:804-805.
28. Krupitsky EM, Zvartau EE, Lioznov DA, Tsoy MV, Egorova VY, Belyaeva TV, Antonova TV, Brazhenko NA, Zagdyn ZM, Verbitskaya EV, Zorina Y, Karandashova GF, Slavina TY, Grinenko AY, Samet JH, Woody GE. Co-morbidity of infectious and addictive diseases in St. Petersburg and the Leningrad Region, Russia. Eur Addict Res . 2006;12:12-19.
29. Larson MJ, Saitz R, Horton NJ, Lloyd-Travaglini C, Samet JH. Emergency department and hospital utilization among alcohol and drug-dependent detoxification patients without primary medical care. Am J Drug Alc Abuse. 2006; 32:435-452.
30. Libman H. Saitz R, Nunes D, Cheng D, Richardson JM, Vidaver J, Alperen JK, Samet JH. Hepatitis C infection is associated with more depressive symptoms in HIV-infected adults with a history of alcohol problems. Am J Gastro. 2006;101:1804-1810.
31. Liebschutz, JM, Godwin OD, Finley EP, Cawse JM, Bharel M, Orlander JD. In the minority: black physicians in residency and their experiences. J Nat’l Med Assoc. 2006;98:14411448.
32. Lincoln A, Paasche-Orlow MK, Cheng DM, Lloyd-Travaglini C, Caruso C, Saitz R, Samet JH. Impact of health literacy on depressive symptoms and mental health-related quality of life among adult with addiction. J Gen Intern Med. 2006;21:818-822.
33. Nunes DP, Saitz R, Libman H, Cheng DM, Vidaver J, Samet JH. Barriers to treatment of Hepatitis C in HIV/HCV-coinfected adults with alcohol problems. Alc Clin Exp Res,. 2006;30:1520-1526.
34. Paasche-Orlow MK, Cheng DM, Palepu A, Meli Seville, Faber V, Samet JH. Health literacy, antiretroviral adherence, and HIV-RNA suppression: a longitudinal perspective. J Gen Internal Med. 2006;21:835-840.
35. Paasche-Orlow MK, Schillinger D, Greene SM, Wagner EH. How health care systems can begin to address the challenge of limited literacy. J Gen Intern Med. 2006;21:884-887.
36. Palepu A, Cheng DM, Kim TW, Nunes D, Vidaver J, Alperen JK, Saitz R, Samet JH. Substance abuse treatment and receipt of liver specialty care among persons coinfected with HIV/HCV who have alcohol problems. J Subst Abuse Treat. 2006;31:411-417.
37. Raj A, Cheng DM, Levison R, Meli S, Samet JH. Sex trade, sexual risk and non-disclosure of HIV serostatus: findings from HIV-infected persons with a history of alcohol problems. AIDS and Behav. 2006;10:149-157.
38. Raj A, Llivramento KN, Santana MC, Gupta J, Silverman JG. Victims of Intimate partner violence more likely to report abuse from in-laws. Violence Against Women. 2006;10:936-949.
39. Raj A, Santana MC, La Marche A, Amaro H, Cranston K, Silverman JG. Perpetration of intimate partner violence associated with sexual risk behaviors among young adult men. Am J Public Hlth. 2006;96(10):1873-1878.
40. Ramani S. Best practices for bedside clinical teaching. Book chapter for the Japan Society of Medical Education publication “How to Teach and Learn the Skills for Residency Training”, 2006.
41. Ramani S. Tips for effective bedside teaching. A faculty development resource. MedEdPORTAL 2006, ID #220. Available from http://www.aamc.org/mededportal.
42. Ramani S. Twelve tips to promote excellence in medical teaching. Med Teacher. 2006;28:19-23.
43. Ramani S, Gruppen L and Kachur EK. Twelve tips to developing effective mentors. Medical Teacher, Vol. 28, No. 5, 2006, pp. 404–408.
44. Rose AJ, Stein MR, Arnsten JH, Saitz R. Teaching internal medicine resident physicians about alcoholics anonymous: a pilot study of an educational intervention. Sub Abuse. 2006;27(3):5-11.
45. Saitz R, Svikis D, D’Onofrio G, Kraemer KL, Perl H. Challenges applying alcohol brief intervention in diverse practice settings: populations, outcomes and costs. Alc Clin Exp Res. 2006;30:332-338.
46. Saitz R. Alcohol dependence: chronic care for a chronic disease. J Bras Psiquiatr 2005;4:268-9.
47. Saitz R, Freedner N, Palfai TP, Horton NJ, Samet JH. The severity of unhealthy alcohol use in hospitalized medical patients. J Gen Intern Med. 2006; 21:381-385.
48. Samet JH, Galanter M, Bridden C, Lewis D. Association for Medical Education and Research in Substance Abuse. Addiction. 2006;101:10-15.
49. Santana MC, Raj A, Decker MR, La Marche A, Silverman JG. Masculine gender roles associated with increased sexual risk and intimate partner violence perpetration among young adult men. J urban Hlth. 2006;(4)575-85.
50. Sherman BJ, Gilliland G, Speckman JL, Freund KM. The effect of a primary care exercise intervention of rural women. Preventive Medicine. 2006 (In press).
51. Sherman BJ, Savage CR, Eddy KT, Blais MA, Deckersbach T, Jackson SC, Franko DL, Rauch SL, Herzog DB. Strategic memory in adults with anorexia nervosa: are there similarities to obsessive compulsive spectrum disorders? Int J Eat Disord. 2006;(6):468-476.
52. Shwartz M, Ash AS, Pekoz EA. Risk Adjustment and Risk-Adjusted Provider Profiles. International Journal of Healthcare Technology and Management. 2006;7 (1/2): 15-42.
53. Smith KL, Horton NJ, Saitz R, Samet JH. Use of mini-mental state examination in recruitment for substance abuse research studies. Drug Alc Depend. 2006; 82:231-237.
54. Williams EC, Kivlahan DR, Saitz R, Merrill JO, Achtmeyer CE, McCormick KA, Bradley KA. Readiness to Change in Primary Care Patients Who Screen Positive for Alcohol Misuse. Ann Fam Med 2006;4:213-20.
55. Yano EM, Bastian LA, Frayne SM, Howell AL, Lipson RL, McGlynn G, Schnurr PP, Seaver MR, Spungen Am, Fihn SD. Toward a VA Women’s Health Research Agenda: setting evidence-based priorities to improve the health and health care of women veterans. J Gen intern Med. 2006;(3):S93-101.