1. Aagaard EM, Julian K, Dedier J, Soloman I, Tillisch J, Perez-Stable J. Factors affecting medical students’ selection of an internal medicine residency program. J Natl Med Assoc. 2005;97:1264-1270.
2. Aggarwal A, Carr P. Work-up of women with anemia. Women’s health in primary care. 2005;8(7):307-314.
3. Barnett RC, Gareis KC, Carr PL. Career satisfaction and retention of a sample of women physicians who work reduced hours. Journal of Women’s Health. 2005;14(2):146-53.
4. Battaglia TA, Ash A, Prout MN, Freund KM. Cancer Prevention Trials and Primary Care Physicians: Factors associated with recommending trial enrollment. Cancer Prev Det. 2005;Vol 30. p.34-37.
5. Berlowitz DR, Ash AS, Glickman M, Friedman RH, Pogach LM, Nelson AL, Wong AT. Developing a quality measure for clinical inertia in diabetes care. Health Services Review. 2005;40:1836-53.
6. Boehmer U, Freund KM, Linde R. Support providers of sexual minority women with breast cancer who they are and how they impact the breast cancer experience. Journal of Psychosomatic Research. 2005;59:307-314.
7. Boehmer U, Linde R., Freund KM. Sexual minority women’s coping and psychological adjustment after a diagnosis of breast cancer. Journal of Women’s Health. 2005;14(3):214-24.
8. Carr, PL, Rothberg MB, Friedman RH, Felsenstein D, Pliskin JS. “Shotgun” versus sequential testing. Cost-effectiveness of diagnostic strategies for vaginistis. Journal of General Internal Medicine. 2005;72(3):182-6.
9. Chuang CH, Freund KM. Emergency contraception knowledge among women in a Boston community. Contraception. 2005;71:157-160.
10. Chuang CH, Freund KM. Emergency contraception: an intervention on primary care providers. Contraception. 2005;72:182-186.
11. David MM, Ko L, Prudent N, Green EH, Posner MA, Freund KM. Mammography Use. Journal of National Medical Association. 2005;67:253-260.
12. De Alba I, Hubbell FA, McMullin JM, Sweningson JM, Saitz R. Impact of U.S. citizenship status on cancer screening among immigrant women. J Gen Intern Med. 2005;20:290-6.
13. Dickert N, Kass N, Paasche-Orlow MK, Taylor H. Excluding particular information from consent forms. Accountability in Res. 12:1–13.
14. Dworetzky BA, Strahonja-Packard A, Shanahan CW, Paz J, Schauble B, Bromfield EB. Characteristics of male veterans with psychogenic nonepileptic seizures, Epilepsia. 2005;46:1418-22.
15. Fang MC, Singer DE, Chang Y, Hylek EM, Henault LE, Jensvold NG, Go AS. Gender differences in the risk of ischemic stroke and peripheral embolism in atrial fibrillation. Circulation. 2005;112:1687-1691.
16. Freiberg MS, Samet JH. Alcohol and coronary heart disease: the answer awaits a randomized controlled trial. Circulation. 2005;112:1379-1381.
17. Garcia D, Regan S, Crowther M, Hughes RA, Hylek EM. Warfarin maintenance dosing patterns in clinical practice: implications for safer anticoagulation in the elderly population. Chest. 2005;127:2049-2056.
18. Farzanfar R, Frishkopf S, Migneault J, Friedman R. Telephone-linked care for physical activity: a qualitative evaluation of the use patterns of an information technology program for patients. J of Biomedical Informatics. 2005;38:220-228.
19. Green EH, Freund KM, Posner MA, David MM. Pap smear rates among Haitian immigrant women in eastern Massachusetts. Public Health Rep. 2005;120:133-139.
20. Holmboe ES, Bowen JL, Green M, Gregg J, DiFrancesco L, Reynolds E, Alguire P, Battinelli D, Lucey C, Duffy D. Reforming internal medicine residency training: a report from the Society of General Internal Medicine’s task force for residency reform. J Gen Intern Med. 2005;20:1-8.
21. Hylek EM, Hughes RA. Outpatient Anticoagulant Therapy. In: Goroll AH, Mulley AG, editors. Primary Care Medicine: Office evaluation and management of the adult patient, ed 5. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams and Wilkins; 2005.
22. Isaacson JH, Hopper JA, Alford DP and Parran T. Prescription drug use and abuse: risk factors, red flag and prevention strategies. Postgraduate Medicine. 2005;118:119-26.
23. Kertesz SG, Larson MJ, Horton NJ, Winter M, Saitz R, Samet JH. Homeless chronicity and health-related quality of life trajectories among adults with addictions. Med Care. 2005;43:574-585.
24. Kraemer KL, Roberts MS, Horton NJ, Palfai T, Samet JH, Freedner N, Tibbetts N, Saitz R. Health utility ratings for a spectrum of alcohol-related health states. Med Care. 2005;43:541-50.
25. Krupitsky EM, Horton NJ, Williams EE, Lioznov D, Kuznetsova M, Zvartau E, Samet JH. Alcohol use and HIV risk behaviors among HIV-infected hospitalized patients in St. Petersburg, Russia. Drug Alc Depend. 2005;79:251-256.
26. Liebschutz, JM, Geier JL, Horton NJ, Chuang CH, Samet JH. Physical and sexual violence and health care utilization in HIV-infected persons with alcohol problems. AIDS Care. 2005;17:566-578.
27. Linden JA, Oldeg P, Mehta SD, McCabe KK, LaBelle C. HIV postexposure prophylaxis in sexual assault: current practice and patient adherence to treatment recommendations in a large urban teaching hospital. Acad Emerg Med. 2005;12:640-646.
28. McHugo GJ, Caspi Y, Kammerer N, Mazelis R, Jackson EW, Russell L, Clark C, Liebschutz J, Kimerling R. The assessment of trauma history in women with co-occurring substance abuse and mental health disorders and a history of interpersonal violence. J Behav Health Serv Res. 2005;32:113-27.
29. Murabito JM, Evans JC, D’Agostino RB, Wilson PWF, Kannel WB. Temporal trends in the incidence of intermittent claudication from 1950 to 1999. Am J Epidemiol. 2005;162:1-8.
30. Norredam M, Crosby S, Munarriz R, Piwowarczyk L, Grodin M. Urologic complications of sexual trauma among male survivors of torture. Urology. 2005;65:28-32.
31. Olsen Y, Alford DP, Horton NJ, Saitz R. Addressing smoking cessation in methadone programs. J Addict Dis. 2005;24:33-48.
32. Paasche-Orlow MK. “The challenges of informed consent for low literate populations” in Schwartzenberg J, Wang C. Understanding Health Literacy: Implications for Medicine and Public Health. Chicago:AMA Press, 2005.
33. Paasche-Orlow MK, Brancati FL. Assessment of medical school institutional review board policies regarding compensation of subjects for research-related injury. Am J Med. 2005;118:177-180.
34. Paasche-Orlow MK, Clarke JG, Hebert MR, Ray MK, Stein MD. Educational attainment but not literacy is associated with HIV risk behavior among incarcerated women. J Women’s Health. 2005;14:852-859.
35. Paasche-Orlow MK, Jacob DM Powell JN. Notices of privacy practices: a survey of the health insurance portability and accountability act of 1996 documents presented to patients at U.S. hospitals. Med Care. 2005;43:558-564.
36. Paasche-Orlow MK, Parker RM, Gazmararian JA, Nielsen-Bohlman LT, Rudd RR. The prevalence of limited health literacy. J Gen Intern Med. 2005;20:175-184.
37. Paasche-Orlow MK, Riekert KA, Bilderback A, Chanmugam A, Hill P, Rand CS, Brancati FL, Krishnan JA. Tailored education may reduce health literacy disparities in asthma self-management. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2005;172:980-986.
38. Palepu A, Horton NJ, Tibbetts N, Meli S, Samet JH. Substance abuse treatment and hospitalization among a cohort of HIV-infected individuals with alcohol problems. Alcoholism. 2005;29:389-394.
39. Palepu A, Raj A, Horton NJ, Tibbetts N, Meli S, Samet JH. Substance abuse treatment and risk behaviors among HIV-infected persons with alcohol problems. J Subst Abuse Treat. 2005;28:3-9.
40. Richter KP, Choi WS, Alford DP. Smoking policies in U.S. outpatient drug treatment facilities. Nicotine & Tob Res. 2005;7:1-6.
41. Saitz R. Unhealthy alcohol use. N Engl J Med. 2005;352:596-607.
42. Saitz R, Horton NJ, Larson MJ, Winter M, Samet JH. Primary medical care and reductions in addiction severity: a prospective cohort study. Addiction. 2005;100:70-8.
43. Samet JH, Galanter M, Bridden C, Lewis DC. Association for medical education and research in substance abuse. Addiction. 2005;101:10-15.
44. Samet JH, Horton NJ, Meli S, Dukes K, Tripp T, Sullivan L, Freedberg KA. A randomized controlled trial to enhance antiretroviral therapy adherence in patients with a history of alcohol problems. Antivir Ther. 2005;10:83-93.
45. Shanahan CW, Lincoln A, Horton NJ, Saitz R, Winter M, Samet JH. Relationship of depressive symptoms and mental health functioning to repeat detoxification. J Subst Abuse Treat. 2005;29:117-23.
46. Shwartz M, Pekoz EA, Ash AS, Posner MA, Restuccia JD, Iezzoni LI. Do variations in disease prevalence limit the usefulness of population-based hospitalization rates for studying variations in hospital admissions? Med Care. 2005;43:4-11.
47. Zhao Y, Ash AS, Ellis RP, Ayanian JZ, Pope GC, Bowen B, Weyuker L. Predicting pharmacy costs and other medical costs using diagnoses and drug claims. Med Care. 2005;43:34-43.