1. Ash AS, Carr PL, Goldstein R, Friedman RH. Compensation and advancement of women in academic medicine: is there equity? Ann Intern Med. 2004;141:205-212.
2. Borzecki AM, Wong AT, Hickey EC, Ash AS, Berlowitz DR. Can we use automated data to assess quality of hypertension care? Am J of Manag Care. 2004;10:473-479.
3. Carr PL, Riccioti HA, Freund KM, Kahan S., eds. In a page: OB/GYN & women’s health. Medford, Mass: Blackwell Publishing; 2004.
4. Charbonneau A, Rosen AK, Owen RR, Spiro A III, Ash AS,. Miller DR, Kazis, L, Kader B, Cunningham F, Berlowitz DR. Monitoring depression care: in search of an accurate quality indicator. Med Care. 2004;42:522-531.
5. Chuang CH, Waldman LJ, Freund KM, Ash AS. Emergency contraception: prescribing practices of general internists compared with other primary care physicians. Contraception. 2004;69:43-45.
6. Conigliaro J, Madenwald T, Bryant K, Braithwaite S, Gordon A, Fultz SL, Maisto S, Samet J, Kraemer K, Cook R, Day N, Roach D, Richey S, Justice A. The Veterans Aging Cohort Study: observational studies of alcohol use, abuse, and outcomes among human immunodeficiency virus-infected veterans. Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 2004;28:313-321.
7. DeAlba I, Samet JH, Saitz R. Burden of medical illness in drug- and alcohol-dependent persons without primary care. Am J Addictions. 2004;13:33-45.
8. DeMolles DA, Sparrow D, Gottlieb DJ, Friedman R. A pilot trial of a telecommunications system in sleep apnea management. Med Care. 2004;42:764-769.
9. Ehrenstein V, Horton NJ, Samet JH. Inconsistent condom use among HIV-infected patients with alcohol problems. Drug Alc Depend. 2004;73:159-166.
10. Farzanfar R, Finkelstein J, Friedman RH. Testing the usability of two automated home-based patient-management systems. J Med Syst. 2004;28:143-153.
11. Farzanfar R, Migneault J, Rubin A, Friedman R, Marks L. Computer-based and live interviews on problem drinking: users’ attitudes. Medinfo. 2004;11:956-959.
12. Flory J, Young-Xu Y, Gurol I, Levinsky N, Ash A, Emanuel E. Place of death: U.S. trends since 1980. Health Aff. 2004;23:194-200.
13. Frayne SM, Freund KM, Skinner KM, Ash AS, Moskowitz MA. Depression management in medical clinics: does healthcare sector make a difference? Am J Med Qual. 2004;19:28-36.
14. Frayne SM, Skinner KM, Lin H, Ash AS, Freund KM. Effect of patient gender on late life depression management. J Women’s Health. 2004;13:919-925.
15. Friedman RH, Wahi-Gururaj S, Alpert J, Bauchner H, Culpepper L, Heeren T, Singer A. The views of U.S. medical school deans toward academic primary care. Acad Med. 2004; 79:1095-1102.
16. Krupitsky E, Zvartau E, Karandashova G, Horton NJ, Schoolwerth KR, Bryant K, Samet JH. The onset of HIV infection in the Leningrad region of Russia: a focus on drug and alcohol dependence. HIV Med. 2004; 5:30-33.
17. Liddicoat R, Horton NJ, Urban R, Maier E, Christiansen D, Samet JH. Assessing missed opportunities for HIV testing in medical settings. J Gen Intern Med. 2004; 19:349-356.
18. Liebschutz, JM, Geier JL, Horton NJ, Chuang CH, Samet JH. Physical and sexual violence and health care utilization in HIV-infected persons with alcohol problems. AIDS Care. 2004;1-13.
19. Palepu A, Horton NJ, Tibbetts N, Meli S, Samet, JH. Uptake and adherence to highly active antiretroviral therapy among HIV-infected people with alcohol and other substance use problems: the impact of substance abuse treatment. Addiction. 2004;99:361-368.
20. Peek M, Han JH. Disparities in screening mammography current status, interventions, and implications [review]. J Gen Intern Med. 2004;19:184-194.
21. Peterson NB, Friedman RH, Ash AS, Franco S, Carr PL. Faculty self-reported experience with racial and ethnic discrimination in academic medicine. J Gen Intern Med. 2004;19:259-265.
22. Pope GC, Kautter J, Ellis RP, Ash AS, Ayanian JZ, Iezzoni LI, Ingber MJ, Levy JM, Robst, J. Risk adjustment of medicare capitation payments using the CMS-HCC model. Health Care Financing Rev. 2004; 25:119-141.
23. Saitz R, Helmuth ED, Aromaa SE, Guard A, Belanger M, Rosenbloom DL. Web-based screening and brief intervention for the spectrum of alcohol problems. Prev Med. 2004; 39:969-975.
24. Saitz R, Horton NJ, Larson MJ, Winter M, Samet JH. Primary medical care and reductions in addiction severity: a prospective cohort study. Addiction. 2004;100:70-78.
25. Saitz R, Samet JH. Linkage with primary medical care in a prospective cohort of adults with addictions in inpatient detoxification: room for improvement. Health Serv Res. 2004;39:587-606.
26. Samet JH. Drug abuse and dependence. In: Goldman L and Auselio J, eds. Cecil’s Textbook of Medicine 22nd ed. Philadelphia, Pa: WB Saunders; 2004:146-152.
27. Samet JH, Horton NJ, Meli S, Freedberg KA, Palepu A. Alcohol consumption and antiretroviral adherence among HIV-infected persons with alcohol problems. Alc Clin Exp Res. 2004;28:572-577.
28. Samet JH, Phillips S, Horton NJ, Traphagen ET, Freedberg KA. Detecting alcohol problems in HIV-infected patients: use of the CAGE questionnaire. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2004;20:151-155.
29. Sweeney LP, Samet JH, Larson MJ, Saitz R. Establishment of a multidisciplinary Health Evaluation and Linkage to Primary Care (HELP) clinic in a detoxification unit. J Addict Dis. 2004;23:33-45.
30. Weedn VW, McDonald MD, Locke SE, Schreiber M, Friedman RH, Newell RG, Temoshok LR. Managing the community response to bioterrorist threats. IEEE Eng in Med and Bio Magazine. 2004;162-170.
31. Wines, JD Jr, Saitz R, Horton NJ, Travaglini-Lloyd C, Samet JH. Suicidal behavior, drug use and depressive symptoms after detoxification: a 2-year prospective study. Drug Alcohol Depend. 2004;76S:21-29.