The OME Faculty Development Program
The Boston University School of Medicine Office of Medical Education Faculty Development Program is focused on assisting faculty and staff to be effective educators and role models for the medical students by providing individual consultations, workshops and seminars, workplace just-in-time training, online medical education resources, and a Blackboard site of quick tutorials on teaching and assessment.
Can we talk?
The Office of Medical Education Faculty Development program provides individual consultation to BUSM faculty and staff on the following:
- Selecting teaching strategies for a class
- Writing learning goals and objectives
- Developing a syllabus and Blackboard 9.1 site
- Designing class instructional materials and presentations
- Determining appropriate assessment of students’ work
- Composing exam questions
- Utilizing technology
- Handling teaching and student issues
- Creating a timeline to promote yourself as an educator
- Organizing your educational innovations into publishable research manuscripts
- Preparing for an educational grant application
- and much more…
Please email Gail March, Ph.D., call (617)414-7440 to set up an individual consultation time, or stop by Robinson B2809 and say hello.
Workshops and Seminars
Workshops and seminars are informal and interactive opportunities for faculty and staff to explore medical education topics and apply the topics to their educational activities. All workshops are open to faculty and staff on the BUMC and are free. Each workshop has helpful handouts and a listing of resources. For details and registration, please see the schedule. All workshops are available for presentation to individual departments and clinical sites.