Teaching Web Resources
- Active Learning Resources: Active Learner Engagement and Active learning using games
- Learning Style Surveys
- Teaching Large Groups
- Exam Master (BU Login required)
- BU EDTechBlog–learn about what’s new technology is available to teach with or post your innovation.
- Conversations with Medical Education
Medical Students’ Perspective on education
Creating Course Materials
- To understand how to get permission to use copyrighted material in your course material, refer to these websites: University of Alabama Resource List and Copyright.com.
- Medical Images is a database of images from the BU Alumni Library
- How to create a quiz in PowerPoint.
- Educational Media Center Contact the EMC for help with media including 35mm slides, photography, illustration, audio, video, brochures, booklets, manuals, posters, poster sessions, web graphics and more.
- MedEdPortal The AAMC is providing a free exchange of peer-reviewed, high-quality educational materials such as PowerPoint presentations, virtual patient simulations and assessment for you to use or for you to contribute your educational materials.
- Element K Learn different software to design and develop learning materials
- Blackboard 8 Help provides guidance for version 8 that will retire in Spring Blackboard 9.1 and sites will be automatically migrated to version 9.1.
- Survey Software to develop student surveys:
Free Survey Software is available. Go to the Control Panel>Assessment Manager>Create New Assessment>Survey.
Other free survey software is available at Questionpro or Free Online Surveys.
For surveys to purchase or a free survey may be available through your department, look at:Survey Monkey
New Technical Innovations in Education
- Motivate your students with the newly developed medical gadgets presented in Medgadget