- New —The Internet Journal of Medical Education
- Academic Medicine
- Academic Exchange Quarterly, a peer reviewed journal that publishes articles related to effective teaching and learning. Instruction is now being delivered in a variety of ways, including through online courses or hybrid “blended” courses (combining face-to-face activities with online learning). Faculty members are becoming facilitators of online learning environments who use a variety of tools to achieve pedagogical objectives. Some of these tools include Learning Management Systems, internet resources, discussion forums, WIKI’s, blogs, e-Portfolios, pod-casting, tutorials, simulations, and virtual environments, to name a few.
- Advances in Health Sciences Education
- BMC Medical Education: http://www.biomedcentral.com/bmcmededuc/
- Clinical Teacher: http://www.wiley.com/bw/submit.asp?ref=1743-4971&site=1
- Education for Health: Change in Learning and Practice: www.educationforhealth.net
- Education for Primary Care
- Educational Journals Available in the Alumni Medical Library
- Journal of Continuing Education in the Health Professions: http://www.jcehp.com/
- Journal of the International Association of Medical Science Educators: http://www.jiamse.org/
- Medical Education emphasizes work related to the education of doctors and medical students and papers on interprofessional education.
- Medical Education Online (MEO): http://www.med-ed-online.org/
- Medical Teacher published in collaboration with The Association for Medical Education in Europe.
- Teaching and Learning in Medicine, an International Journal
- The Chronicle of Higher Education (Accessible through BUSM e-journals–contact medlib for password)
- Medical Science Educator, the Journal of the International Association of Medical Science Educators (IAMSE)
- MedEdWorld: www.mededworld.org
- Contemporary Issues in Medical Education
- Focus on Surgical Education
- The Association for Surgical Education
- American Educational Research Association
- Family Medicine, the official journal of the Society of Teachers of Family Medicine specializes in publishing research and commentary on medical education.