Appointments and Promotions
Materials for Appointment or Promotion
- Faculty Appointments & Promotions Forms
- Curriculum Vitae in BU format
- NIH biosketch (if CV more than four pages)
- Narrative summary of teaching and service responsibilities
- Evaluator list (list BU faculty separately and place in alphabetical order)
- Chief’s cover letter
- Am I Ready for Promotion? (David Salant)
- How to Develop an Academic Portfolio (Karen Freund)
- Appointments and Promotions in DOM
- Guidelines for Faculty Appointments and Promotions in the DOM (revised June 2010)
- Faculty Appointments and Promotions forms (BUMC Provost)
- School of Medicine Guidelines
- Appointments and Promotions (BU Faculty Handbook)
- Chandran, L, et al. 2009. Evaluating the performance of medical educators: a novel analysis tool to demonstrate the quality and impact of educational activities. Acad.Med; 84 (1),58-66.
- Kanter, SL. 2008. Does the Consistent Application of Criteria for Faculty Promotion Lead to Fair Decisions? Acad Med; 83(10), 891-2.
- Rosenthal SL, Phillips L. 2007. What Shall I Put in a Personal Statement? Academic Physician and Scientist; Oct:8-9.