July 21, 2011
Present: Emelia Benjamin, Peter Cahn (recorder), Michael Ieong, Angela Jackson, Jane Liebschutz (chair), Paola Massari, Tesfaldet Tecle
|Faculty development grants
- Reviewed July applicants
- Approved both requests
- Peter Cahn will contact grant recipients.
||Edited draft of bylaws to:
- lower barriers to participation
- formalize subcommittees
- add motivating language
- Jane Liebschutz to call members who have not attended regularly to ask about their continued participation.
- Peter Cahn to revise bylaws and circulate before September meeting.
- All committee members will comment and vote on revised bylaws at next meeting.
||Agreed to become more systematic about nominating faculty for external awards. A subcommittee will form to:
- coordinate with section chiefs
- identify qualified faculty
- organize a nomination packet
- Jane Liebschutz will approach a committee member to lead the subcommittee.
- Researchers on the committee will be asked to comment on the proposal at September’s meeting.
||A subcommittee will brainstorm concrete ideas for improving morale in a challenging funding environment.
- Jane Liebschutz will convene a subcommittee and report back at the next meeting.