Academy for Collaborative Innovation & Transformation
The Academy for Collaborative Innovation & Transformation (ACIT) is a longitudinal, mid-career faculty development program for late Assistant and all Associate professors at BUSM, BUSPH and BUGSDM.
BU School of Medicine, School of Public Health and Goldman School of Dental Medicine faculty who have been Assistant Professors for 7+ years and all Associate Professors are eligible to apply.
Through experiential and project-based learning, ACIT participants engage in:
- Inter-disciplinary collaboration on team projects
- Self-reflection and evaluation
- Broad peer and senior mentoring networks
- Development of strategic leadership skills
- Enhancement of transformational education, clinical and research skills
The ACIT will meet from February to December 2014. Participants commit to preparation for and active participation in:
- 6 two-day modules
- Monthly project team meetings
To enable to participants to fully engage, all clinical faculty are given 10% protected time during the program.
The application deadline for the 2014 ACIT has now passed. If you are interested in applying for future programs, please contact Robina Bhasin.
To learn more about the program, please contact Robina Bhasin, Director of Faculty Development and Diversity in the Department of Medicine or Emelia Benjamin, Vice-Chair of Faculty Development and Diversity in the Department of Medicine.
To read more about ACIT and its development, please see:
- Mid-Career Faculty Development Program Proposal, written by the BUMC Mid-Career Faculty Development Task Force
- Academy for Collaborative Innovation & Transformation one-page fact sheet