February 22, 2011
Present: Peter Cahn (recorder), Doug Hughes, Liz Klings, Dan Oates, Matt Russell
I. Safe Space Training
- Goals: Envision a group of individuals trained and available to serve as counselors for students. Post a list of faculty who have completed the training, display pink triangles. Once cadre in place can build visibility by going to clerkship directors’, residency program directors’, and GME meetings.
- Audience: All LGBT and allied faculty on the medical campus will be invited to participate in the training. .
- Methods: Invite outside expert to lead a workshop with interested faculty on how to help students who are coming out or who face discrimination. Focus on how to connect with all audiences and reach nonresponsive colleagues.
- Next steps:
- Contact suggested outside facilitator.
- Send out a Doodle poll to interested faculty to determine availability in May or June.
- Schedule a 4:00 to 6:00 p.m. workshop with dinner.