How to Request a LOR from Dr. Sarfaty
Suzanne Sarfaty, MD, Assistant Dean for Academic Affairs, is happy to write letters of recommendation (LOR) on behalf of medical students for scholarships, research externships, or other professional opportunities. NOTE: Dr. Sarfaty does not write dean’s letters; this is done via the Office of Student Affairs.
Please provide at least 3 weeks of lead time for your LOR to be completed.
Procedures for Requesting Letters of Recommendation
Send all documents (outlined below) to Ana Bediako: firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Send an E-mail of Intent to Ana Bediako
The e-mail of intent authorizes Dr. Sarfaty to write your LOR and include the info you provide.The e-mail of intent must include the following:
- Brief description/purpose of the LOR including organizational info with address and contact person.
- Deadline for receipt of the LOR.
- Any special instructions for sending the letter, e.g., mail, transmission via a website, etc.
- Your name and contact information (including cell phone)
2. Provide Supporting Documents
You must provide the following (send these directly to Ana Bediako via e-mail)
- Complete Biosketch form that is available as a Word document on this website
- Electronic copies of your third- and/or fourth-year clerkship/rotation evaluations (if applicable) available via your student profile
- Electronic (unofficial) copy of your medical school transcript
3. Send a Reminder E-mail to Ana Bediako
Send an e-mail to Ana about 5 days before the due date of your letter to ensure the letter is on its way. This is a precautionary measure to be sure that your LOR doesn’t fall through the cracks as we have multiple requests from students.