Intro to Office of Enrichment for BUSM I
[Outline for BUSM I Orientation Meeting, 8/6/15]
I. Who We Are
- Part of the Office of Academic Affairs
- Staff of two:
- Located on A-3
II. How to Reach Us
- Walk-in on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
- Our web sites: www.bumc.bu.edu/enrichment (OE) orwww.bumc.bu.edu/ghbusm (GH)
- You may schedule meeting w/ Dr. Sarfaty via Ana, but do your homework first.
III. What We Do
- We support learning experiences that enhance the curriculum and cultivate professional competencies in international health, research, and service learning opportunities.
- Main programs:
IV. Looking Forward to Summer, 2016
- Start thinking about summer, 2016 this semester!
- Be aware of early deadlines
- AFAR Medical Student Training in Aging Research (MSTAR) Program (Jan. ’16)
- Resources for Getting Started:
- Planning Your Summer (general)
V. Coming Up in the Fall
[All event info will be sent via class mailing list.]
- September 2, 2015: “Intro to Research at BUSM w/ Panel Discussion”
- September 2, 2015: “Global Health Experiences Panel Discussion”
- December 1, 2015: BUSM I Class Meeting: “Planning Your Summer”