Kavitha K. Reddy, MD
Director, Dermatologic Surgery
Director, Boston University Cosmetic & Laser Center
To Schedule An Appointment: 617-638-7420
Shapiro Ambulatory Care Center
725 Albany Street, Suite 8B, Boston, MA 02118
Boston University School of Medicine, Dept of Dermatology
609 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118
- Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA – M.D. (2007)
- Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA – Dermatology Residency (2011)
- Laser & Skin Surgery Center of New York, New York, NY – Procedural Dermatology and Dermatologic Surgery Fellowship (2012)
Clinical Specialties and Research Interests
- Procedural Dermatology, Dermatologic Surgery
Dr. Kavitha Reddy specializes in cosmetic and procedural dermatology. She is board-certified in Dermatology, and certified in Procedural Dermatology by the ACGME, and in Dermatologic Surgery and Mohs Micrographic Surgery by the American College of Mohs Surgery.
Dr. Reddy conducts research on cutting edge laser and light therapies at the Harvard University and Massachusetts Institute of Technology David H. Koch Institute for Integrative Cancer Research. She has conducted many clinical trials using lasers and other medical devices for the treatment of medical and cosmetic skin conditions including sun damage, skin cancer, skin aging, skin discoloration, vascular birthmarks, and tattoo removal. She has received an American Society for Dermatologic Surgery Cutting Edge Research Grant, as well as grants from the American Skin Association, and Aid for Cancer Research. She has been honored as a member of the Alpha Omega Alpha National Medical Honor Society.
Dr. Reddy serves as a workgroup member for the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery, and editor for the Journal of Investigative Dermatology Connector. She has helped lead community organizations including the American Academy of Dermatology Camp Discovery Program, Harvard University Project Health Program, and Boston Public Health Commission Youth to Health Careers Program.
- Reddy K, Farber M, Bhawan J, Geronemus R, Rogers GS. Outcomes of Biopsy and Excision of Atypical Nevi: Outcomes of Surgical Excision and Association with Melanoma. JAMA Dermatology, 2013 June.
- Reddy K, Blei F, Brauer J, Waner M, Anolik R, Bernstein L, Brightman L, Karen J, Hale E, Weiss E, Geronemus R. Combination of Propranolol and Pulsed Dye Laser in Treatment of Infantile Hemangiomas. Dermatologic Surgery, 2013 March.
- Reddy K, Brauer J, Idriss M, Anolik R, Bernstein L, Brightman L, Karen J, Hale E, Weiss E, Elston D, Geronemus R. Treatment of port-wine stains with a short pulse width Nd:YAG laser. Journal of Drugs in Dermatology. 2013 Jan; 12 (1): 66-71.
- Reddy K, Brauer J, Anolik R, Bernstein L, Brightman L, Karen J, Hale E, Weiss E, Geronemus R. Topical perfluorodecalin reduces immediate whitening reactions and allows rapid effective multiple pass treatment of tattoos. Lasers in Surgery and Medicine. 2013 Feb; 45 (2): 76-80.
- Weiss E, Brauer J, Anolik R, Reddy K, Karen J, Hale E, Brightman L, Bernstein L, Geronemus R. 1927-nm fractional resurfacing of facial actinic keratoses: A promising new therapeutic option. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, 2013 Jan; 68 (1): 98-102.
- Brightman L, Brauer J, Terushkin V, Hunzeker C, Reddy K, Weiss E, Karen J, Hale E, Anolik R, Bernstein L, Geronemus RG. Ablative fractional resurfacing for involuted hemangioma residuum. Archives of Dermatology, 2012 Nov; 148 (11): 1294-8.
- Brauer J, Reddy K, Anolik R, Bernstein L, Brightman L, Karen J, Hale E, Weiss E, Geronemus R. Successful and rapid treatment of blue and green tattoo pigment with a novel picosecond laser. Archives of Dermatology, 2012 Jul; 148 (7): 820-3.