Emmy Graber, MD
Director, Cosmetic and Laser Center, Boston Medical Center/Boston University
Associate Director, Resident Training Program, Boston University
To Schedule a General Dermatology Appointment: 617-638-7420
To Schedule a Cosmetic Dermatology Appointment: 617-414-2676
Shapiro Ambulatory Care Center
725 Albany Street, Suite 8B, Boston, MA 02118
Boston University School of Medicine, Dept of Dermatology
609 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118
- The Pennsylvania State University, B.S., State College, PA
- The Pennsylvania State University, M.D., Hershey, PA
- SkinCare Physicians of Chestnut Hill, laser and cosmetic fellowship
- The University of Pennsylvania, current M.B.A. student
Clinical Specialties and Research Interests
- Acne scarring
- Cosmetic Dermatology
Emmy M. Graber, MD is an Assistant Professor of Dermatology at the Boston University School of Medicine. She is also the Director of the BU Cosmetic and Laser Center at Boston Medical Center. Her teaching responsibilities at the BU School of Medicine include being the Associate Director of the Dermatology Resident Training Program and the Director of the Medical Student Dermatology Rotation. Dr. Graber received her BS in Biology at The Pennsylvania State University where she also completed her medical training and graduated with membership in Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society. She subsequently pursued an internship in Internal Medicine and Dermatology residency training at The Pennsylvania State University/Milton S. Hershey Medical Center. Dr. Graber went on to fellowship training in Laser and Cosmetic Surgery at SkinCare Physicians of Chestnut Hill and then practiced dermatology with that group for two years prior to working at Boston University. Dr. Graber has academic interests in both acne and cosmetic dermatology and has lectured and written extensively on these subjects.
1. Zaenglein A, Graber EM, Thiboutot D. Acne Vulgaris and Acneiform Eruptions. In: Fitzpatrick’s Dermatology in General Medicine Eighth Edition. McGraw-Hill Companies,Inc. New York, NY;80: 897-917. 2012.
2. Graber EM, Iyengar V, Rohrer TE, Arndt KA. Laser Treatment of Tattoos and Pigmented Lesions. In: Surgery of the Skin: Procedural Dermatology Second Edition. New York, NY: Mosby-Elsevier; 2010:537-548.
3. Graber EM, Arndt KA. Treatment of Truncal Acne Scarring. In: Body Rejuvenation. New York, NY: Springer; 2010:55-59.
4. Graber EM, Thiboutot D. Over-The-Counter Acne Treatments. In: Cosmetic Dermatology Products and Procedures. Oxford, UK: Wiley-Blackwell Ltd; 2010:488-494.
5. Graber EM, Thiboutot D, Seite S, Rougier A, Shalita A. Double Blind, Randomized, Prospective Trial Comparing A Lipohydroxy Acid Cream to Tretinoin 0.05% Cream for Acne Vulgaris. Cosmetic Dermatology. 2009;22(10).
6. Kent K, Graber EM. “Laser Tattoo Removal: A Review.” Dermatologic Surgery: 2012: 38 : 1-13.
7. Graber EM, Tanzi E, Alster T. Side Effects and Complications of Fractional Laser Photothermolysis: Experience with 961 Treatments. Dermatologic Surgery. 2008; 34:301-307.