Emmy Graber, MD
Associate Director, Resident Training Program
Boston University School of Medicine
Director, Cosmetic and Laser Center, Boston Medical Center
Boston University School of Medicine, Dept of Dermatology
609 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118
|BS||The Pennsylvania State University, Hershey, PA|
|MD||The Pennsylvania State University, Hershey, PA|
|Residency||Dermatology, The Pennsylvania State University, Hershey, PA|
|Fellowship||Dermatology, SkinCare Physicians, chestnut Hill, MA|
|2014||MBA||University of Pennsylvania, The Wharton School, Philadelphia, PA|
Clinical Specialties and Research Interests
- Acne scarring
- Cosmetic Dermatology
Emmy M. Graber, MD is an Assistant Professor of Dermatology at the Boston University School of Medicine. She is also the Director of the BU Cosmetic and Laser Center at Boston Medical Center. Her teaching responsibilities at the BU School of Medicine include working with both residents and medical students in clinical and didactic sessions.
Dr. Graber received her undergraduate studies and received her medical training at The Pennsylvania State University and graduated with membership in Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society. She completed her Dermatology residency training at The Pennsylvania State University/Milton S. Hershey Medical Center. Dr. Graber went on to fellowship training in Laser and Cosmetic Surgery at SkinCare Physicians of Chestnut Hill and then practiced dermatology with that group for two years prior to working at Boston University.
Dr. Graber’s areas of expertise are acne and cosmetic dermatology and she writes and lectures extensively on these subjects. She is quoted as a dermatology expert in: The Boston Globe, Allure Magazine, Good Housekeeping Magazine, In Style Magazine, Fitness Magazine and others. While continuing to work at Boston University, Dr. Graber recently completed her MBA at The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania.
1. Kent K, Graber EM. “Laser Tattoo Removal: A Review.” Dermatologic Surgery. 2011: 38(1): 1- 13.
2. Decker A, Graber EM. “Over-the-Counter Acne Treatments: A Review.” Journal of Clinical and Aesthetic Dermatology. 2012; 5(5): 32 – 40.
3. Gan SD, Graber EM. “Laser Hair Removal: A Review.” Dermatologic Surgery. 2013; 39(6): 823-38.
4. Graber EM, Burns L. The Value of Our Care. JAMA Dermatol. Published online June 08, 2014.
5. Gjede J, Graber EM. Bacterial Folliculitis. In: Acneiform Eruptions in Dermatology: A Differential Diagnosis. Springer Publishing Company; 2014.
6. Graber EM, Thiboutot D. Over-The-Counter Acne Treatments. In: Cosmetic Dermatology Products and Procedures Second Edition. Oxford, UK: Wiley-Blackwell Ltd; In press.
7. Zaenglein A, Graber EM, Thiboutot D. Acne Vulgaris and Acneiform Eruptions. In: Fitzpatrick’s Dermatology in General Medicine Eighth Edition. McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc; 2012.