Daniel Miller, MD
Director, Inpatient Dermatology Consultative Service
Boston University School of Medicine, Dept of Dermatology
609 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118
Tel: 617-638-5500 Fax 617-638-5515
Shapiro Ambulatory Care Center
725 Albany Street, Suite 8B, Boston, MA 02118
Tel: 617- 638-7420 Fax: 617-638-7289
|1998||Undergraduate||Colorado College, Colorado Springs, CO|
|2006||Medical School||University of Minneapolis, MN|
|2010||Residency||University of California- San Francisco, San Francisco, CA|
|2012||Post-Residency||Fellowship in Dermatopathology, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA|
Hospital dermatology, Infectious diseases. I have a strong interest in adverse cutaneous drug reactions and am interested in their clinical and histopathologic manifestations.
Dr. Miller graduated from the University of Minnesota Medical School in 2006. He completed internship in the Department of Medicine at the University of Minnesota in 2007, and completed residency training in Dermatology at the University of California-San Francisco in 2010. He joined the BU Dermatology Department faculty in 2012 after completing fellowship, and currently has a combined role of dermatopathologist and clinician in the department. He oversees the inpatient consult service in addition to clinic duties.
1. Miller DD, Cowen EW, Nguyen JC, McCalmont TH, Fox LP. Melanoma associated with long-term voriconazole therapy: a new manifestation of chronic photosensitivity. Arch Dermatol 2010;146(3):300-4.
2. Cowen EW, Nguyen JC, Miller DD, et al. Chronic phototoxicity and aggressive squamous cell carcinoma of the skin in children and adults during treatment with voriconazole. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2010;62:31-7.
3. Miller DD, Emley A, Yang S, et al. Mixed versus pure variants of desmoplastic melanoma: a genetic and immunohistochemical appraisal. Mod Pathol 2012;25:505-15.
4. Miller DD, Ruben BS. Pustular porokeratosis. J Cutan Pathol 2009;36:1191-3.
5. Miller DD, Warshaw EM. Adverse cutaneous reactions to antimicrobials in patients with human immunodeficiency virus infection. Dermatitis 2007;18:8-25.
2012: BU Dermatology Marie-France Demierre Award for Humanism in Dermatology
2012: AAD Academic Dermatology Leadership Program
2010: UCSF Global Health Clinical Scholar
2006: University of Minnesota Alpha Omega Alpha