Welcome to the BU Medical Campus StudyFinder!
StudyFinder is a medical campus website that lists research studies for public view, both for purposes of recruitment and/or general publicity/collaboration.
Study listings for general publicity/non-recruitment purposes only include the title, study summary from INSPIR, and the investigator name and e-mail address.
Study listings for recruitment purposes include the title, purpose, summary from INSPIR (optional), main inclusion criteria, whether there is payment, and the contact information.
Creating a StudyFinder Listing
You may create a StudyFinder listing at anytime in the “life” of the protocol. See the instructions for completing the StudyFinder form in INSPIR below.
Per OHRP guidance, the listing itself will not require IRB approval. However, your protocol must be approved by the IRB for the listing to “go live” on the website. You can let the IRB know that you are using StudyFinder to recruit subjects either at the time of your initial IRB submission, at the time of the Progress Report, or as a part of an amendment. It is not necessary to submit a separate IRB amendment for this purpose.
Completing the StudyFinder form should take no more than 5 minutes. The form can be completed by any member of the study team, as long as he/she is listed on the protocol. The PI has to review and “sign off” the form.
To Complete Your StudyFinder form in INSPIR:
(Click here for a tutorial of this process with screen shots.)
- Login into INSPIR II and click on “My Studies.”
- Locate the study and click on the “Open” icon to open the application.
- When in the application, click on the “Study Management” tab in the top Navigation menu. This will open into the “Submissions/Study Management” view.
- Under “Submission Forms” click on “Study Finder Form”
- Click “Add new form.”
- For General Publicity listing only: Complete Section 1 (1.2 should be “yes” and 1.3 should be “no”); click “Save and Continue to the Next Section.” Your next screen will be the sign-off screen. Click “Notify PI to Sign off” or if you are the PI you can click “Sign off and Submit.”
- For a Recruitment listing plus General Publicity listing: Complete Section 1 (1.2 should be “yes” and 1.3 should be “yes”); click “Save and Continue to the Next Section.” Complete Section 2 and then click “Save and Continue to the Next Section.” Your next screen will be the sign-off screen. Click “Notify PI to Sign off” or if you are the PI you can click “Sign off and Submit.”
- The form will be routed to the CRRO for review, and once “approved” will appear in the StudyFinder website (as long as there is initial IRB approval for the protocol). These listings do NOT require an amendment to the IRB.
- Note: you can do this process for any study you wish to list on StudyFinder.
Use the StudyFinder to Search for Studies
To use StudyFinder to search for BU/BMC research studies for participation or for general publicity/collaboration purposes, click here.