Career Flexibility for Biomedical Faculty of Today and Tomorrow:
A National Conference
March 14-15, 2015
BU Medical Campus | Boston, MA
Call for Abstracts for Poster Presentations
ACE/Sloan Faculty Flexibility Collaborative and the New England Network on Faculty Affairs (NENFA) invite submissions of poster abstracts for Career Flexibility for Biomedical Faculty of Today and Tomorrow: A National Conference, March 14-15, 2015 at the Boston University School of Medicine Conference Center. This event will bring together leaders of medical schools, academic health centers, faculty affairs, and human resources to explore the best approaches and tools to provide flexibility and promote faculty development throughout the career lifecycle.
Submissions may include any of the following: description of an innovative program, analysis of a practical problem-solving effort, report of a research study. Abstracts should address one of the three themes of the conference:
- Creating flexible pathways for faculty success, engagement and retention
- Mentoring models to foster faculty development throughout a career
- Mid and late career vitality and transition to retirement
- Abstracts must be sent to Joanna Cain, MD; Abstract Committee Chair at email@example.com
- Abstract submissions are due by December 19, 2014.
- Abstract decisions will be provided by January 15, 2015.
- An abstract of no more than 500 words must contain:
- Which of the three conference themes does the poster address? (not included in word count)
- Hypothesis/ goal: What problem has been identified and addressed?
- Methods/ approach: Describe the approach or innovation.
- Outcomes/ results: Describe the result, impact and/or outcomes.
- Lessons Learned and Significance: What was learned? What are the implications for faculty career flexibility?
- The lead or senior author must be registered for the conference, and be present during the poster session.
The posters will be presented during a poster session and reception on March 14, 2015 from 5:30pm-7:30pm. The session will include a facilitated tour of the posters, a short oral presentation, and moderated Q&A.
- The poster board will be 4’x6’, mounted on stands.
- Available for set up 30 minutes before the start of the session and removal prior to the next day. Display materials not removed during the appointed time will be discarded.
- If handouts are distributed, bring approximately 100 copies.
- Bring business cards with you in case the viewer is interested in more information.