Welcome to CME!
Daniel P. Alford, MD is presented with AMA Foundation Health Education Award
We would like to congratulate Dr. Alford for being an honored recipient of the AMA Foundation Health Education Award for 2014. The AMA Foundation Health Education Award is presented in association with the AMA House of Delegates and was established to encourage and to recognize the professional or public health education activities of practicing physicians. Special consideration was given to those physicians working in the areas of drug and alcohol abuse. The award is supported by a grant from the John P. McGovern Foundation.
The Barry M. Manuel Office of Continuing Medical Education at Boston University School of Medicine has been sponsoring CME activities since 1973. The Boston University School of Medicine was awarded Accreditation with Commendation through July 2018 by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education and was also awarded Accreditation with Distinction through November 2016 by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Accreditation Program for providing Continuing Nursing Education.
We offer many services that are specifically tailored to help you plan, fund, and execute your next activity:
- Accreditation Compliance – CME and CNE
- Project/Conference Management
- Marketing to Practicing Clinicians
- Pharmaceutical Funding Application/Management/Compliance
- Educational Design
- Registration Services
- Performance/Quality Improvement
- Maintenance of Certification
- Graphic Design
* Our services are also available for non-CME/CNE meetings, conferences, and projects. Please contact us to discuss your needs.
Ebola Educational Materials
In response to the Ebola public health emergency, the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) has asked CME Offices around the country to disseminate the following important educational materials. The American Hospital Association (AHA) has provided an Ebola Education Web page. The links below contain educational materials that the American Hospital Association believes would be useful to healthcare providers and institutions right now. It includes:
- Ebola Facts Revised Guidance PPE for Healthcare Workers (October 21, 2014)
- Ebola Practice Evidence Classification Chart (October 20, 2014)
- Ebola Facts Clinical Progression of Ebola (October 20, 2014)
- Ebola Facts: Surgical Protocol—Possible or Confirmed Ebola Cases (October 16, 2014)
- Ebola Facts: Hospital Preparedness Checklist (October 15, 2014)
Please note: Users should consult the Centers for Disease Control (CDC ) or other cited sources on the day they access this information to get the most current information or version that may now be available. If you have specific questions about the information and recommendations contained in the attached material, we ask that you immediately contact the CDC or your local public health authority or infection control officer for the information you seek. These educational materials are available on the AHA Ebola Education Web page.
- Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
- American Medical Association
- bucmetest.com – LOGIN
- National Faculty Education Initiative (NFEI)
|2014-15 Calendar||The CME Magazine|