2013 Boston Retreat
The 2013 Boston Retreat was a 3-day retreat for training and project development for RAMS Scholars and Mentors that included didactic sessions, one-on-one mentoring with National Advisory Committee (NAC) mentors to discuss their project, and tutorials from a biostatistician to develop an analytic plan. It began the mentoring relationship between the RAMS scholars and NAC mentor, facilitated the development of the scholar’s research project, provided training on research methodology and engaged institutional mentors in the development of the RAMS scholar’s research project.
2013 Boston Retreat Plenary Speakers:
- Kathleen T. Brady, MD, PhD, Professor and Associate Provost for Clinical and Translational Science at the Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC)
- James F. Callahan, DPA- Current Executive Vice President of the American Board of Addiction Medicine (ABAM)
- Christine Chaisson, MPH- Director of the Data Coordinating Center, Boston University School of Public Health
- Jennifer Edelman,MD, MHS, trained in the Yale Internal Medicine Traditional Program, followed by a chief residency.
- Peter D. Friedmann, MD, MPH, FASAM, FACP, Professor of Medicine and Health Services, Policy and Practice at the Alpert Medical School and School of Public Health of Brown University
- Judith Tsui, MD, MPH, is an Assistant Professor of Medicine at Boston University School of Medicine
- Alexander Walley, MD, MSc- Assistant Professor of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine