Apply for Membership
Membership in the Cancer Center is open to all faculty at Boston University and Boston Medical Center. A key goal of the Cancer Center is to foster multidisciplinary collaborations among our outstanding cancer research faculty and trainees in the clinical, laboratory and population sciences. To this end, the Center will develop research programs that fit within the scope of the research being conducted among its members; and in turn the members are expected to contribute in the following capacities:
- Work as members of an interdisciplinary team within cancer research programs;
- Actively participate in Cancer Center activities (e.g. cancer seminar series, retreats and research symposiums).
Benefits of Cancer Center Membership
Active members will have access to the following:
- Pilot funding programs;
- Subsidies to support use of Cancer Center related core facilities;
- Opportunities to participate and present their research at center–organized activities (e.g. research symposiums, cancer seminar series, retreats)
Criteria for Membership
Membership will be based on the applicants’ current cancer-related funding portfolio, recent publications that are relevant to cancer and/or are cancer focused, and that their research interests align with the direction of the Centers’ initiatives.
If you are interested in becoming a member please provide the following documents:
- Cover letter describing your interest in becoming a Cancer Center member (limit to 1 page).
- An up-to-date CV or biosketch that clearly lists current and pending grant support.
Please use the form below to submit your application. The Executive Committee will review your application and make a recommendation to the Director, who then formally appoints the member.