Residency Application Overview
May: Start 3rd year and begin process of narrowing down your specialty
January: Class meeting on preparing for 4th year
- Plan step dates
- Select and meet Field-Specific Advisor
February: Class meeting to discuss residency application and MSPE (aka Dean’s letter) and meet the BMC residency directors
- Begin requesting Letters of Recommendation, ERAS partially opens
February to March: Complete Biosketch and create CV, and submit to the OSA
February to May: Meet with OSA dean for MSPE
March to May: If applying for away rotations start VSAS process
April: 4th year orientation
May: Start 4th year!
- SFMP Ophthalmology registration begins
- ERAS opens for students
- AUA Urology match information available
- Military students automatically registered for Army, Air Force and Navy matches
June, July & August: Personal statement workshops – bring a draft!
July to September: Review MSPE
September: Transcripts scanned into ERAS
Early September: SFMP Ophthalmology target date for submission
- NRMP will open for registration on September 15, 2015
September 6: ERAS application transmission opens for applicants
September 15: Program Directors will be able to download application information.
October 1: MSPE sent in for students nationwide in all matches.
- Interview workshop and mock interviews
December: Military Match
January: Ophthalmology and Urology Match Results
March: CaRMS and NRMP Match Results