Expertise and interests include:
1. The influence of ethnic, cultural and environmental factors on risk-related behaviors for cardiovascular disease and cancer among underprivileged urban minority groups.
2. Application of computer-assisted communication technologies to create behavioral interventions tailored to the ethnic, cultural and contextual characteristics of urban minorities of low socioeconomic status.
- Active Staff Hospital Privileges, Medicine, Boston Medical Center
- Northwestern University, MD
- Harvard University, MPH
- University of Toronto, BSc
- Published on 2/1/2012
Migneault JP, Dedier JJ, Wright JA, Heeren T, Campbell MK, Morisky DE, Rudd P, Friedman RH. A culturally adapted telecommunication system to improve physical activity, diet quality, and medication adherence among hypertensive African-Americans: a randomized controlled trial. Ann Behav Med. 2012 Feb; 43(1):62-73. PMID: 22246660.
- Published on 1/1/2009
Braverman J, Dedier J. Predictors of medication adherence for African American patients diagnosed with hypertension. Ethn Dis. 2009; 19(4):396-400. PMID: 20073139.
- Published on 9/1/2005
Aagaard EM, Julian K, Dedier J, Soloman I, Tillisch J, Pérez-Stable EJ. Factors affecting medical students' selection of an internal medicine residency program. J Natl Med Assoc. 2005 Sep; 97(9):1264-70. PMID: 16296217.
- Published on 11/1/2002
Dedier J, Stampfer MJ, Hankinson SE, Willett WC, Speizer FE, Curhan GC. Nonnarcotic analgesic use and the risk of hypertension in US women. Hypertension. 2002 Nov; 40(5):604-8; discussion 601-3. PMID: 12411450.
- Published on 9/24/2001
Dedier J, Singer DE, Chang Y, Moore M, Atlas SJ. Processes of care, illness severity, and outcomes in the management of community-acquired pneumonia at academic hospitals. Arch Intern Med. 2001 Sep 24; 161(17):2099-104. PMID: 11570938.
- Published on 1/1/1999
Dedier J, Penson R, Williams W, Lynch T. Race, ethnicity, and the patient-caregiver relationship. Oncologist. 1999; 4(4):325-31. PMID: 10476544.