Department Points of Contacts for Medical Students Seeking Research
Medical students seeking research projects at Boston University School of Medicine in a specific specialty/department are advised to e-mail the point of contact listed below (after browsing any websites listed below the contact name).
- Anesthesiology – Ala Nozari, M.D.
- Basic Science projects (general) – Isabel Dominguez, PhD
- Clinical Addiction Research and Education (CARE) Unit (Section of General Internal Medicine) – Ve Truong
- Dermatology – Neelam Vashi, MD
- See Department of Dermatology to browse research by Dermatology faculty
- Emergency Medicine – Elissa Perkins, MD
- Medical Education – Lindsay Demers, MS, PhD
- Neurology – Shuhan Zhu, MD
- Ophthalmology – Hyunjoo Lee, MD, PhD
- Orthopedic Surgery – Ruijia Niu, MD
- Students are asked to send a personal statement (re: interest in orthopedic surgery and past research experience) and a CV to Dr. Niu for the initial inquiry.
- Otolaryngology – Jessica Levi, MD or Janine Lipsky, MPH
- Psychiatry – Christina Borba, PhD
- See Psychiatry Research Center to browse research by Psychiatry faculty
- QI – Lauren Betancourt, MPH
- Surgery – Marina Malikova, PdD
- See Student Research (Department of Surgery) for more details.
- VA projects – Terry Keane, PhD