School of Medicine Class Cancellation/Weather and Emergency Closing Policy
Please refer to BUMC Emergency Planning and Response Information for closure announcements:
- BUMC Emergency Information Line: (617) 638-6886
- BUMC Emergency Communications Page
- BUMC Emergency Closings Policy (see BUMC School Closure Plan)
Announcements regarding Medical Campus class cancellations specifically state “Boston University Medical Campus.” Announcements that “Boston University is closed” refer only to the Charles River Campus, not the Medical Campus.
Exceptions to Closing of the Medical Campus include:
- BUSM 3rd and 4th year students assigned to inpatient services are expected to report to their clinical site, if possible, regardless of weather.
- Students assigned to outpatient services must check with the clinical site director.