Transportation & Parking
Traffic along Commonwealth Avenue during Commencement Weekend can become heavily congested, causing long delays. We recommend using public transportation to and from campus whenever possible.
- You can quickly and easily hop on a Massachusetts Bay Transit Authority (MBTA) bus or a train from campus to various places in the city and beyond. Check the MBTA site for maps and schedules, or use their trip planner. For the MD-PhD Commencement Ceremony, use the GREEN LINE B (Boston College) to Babcock Street.
- The BU Shuttle will be running through commencement to take graduates and the guests across campus.
- For those who must drive to campus, all parking lots and garages will be open and available free of charge throughout the weekend.
- For the MD-PhD Commencement Ceremony, family/guests of graduates will be allowed to park in Langsam Garage, 278 Babcock St (entrance on Gardner Street) on a first-come first-served basis.
- Faculty who drive are encouraged to park at Agganis Arena surface lot and garage at 925 Commonwealth. Agganis will also be available for additional family/guest parking.
- On Commencement Day, please utilize parking facilities east of the BU Bridge and utilize the available shuttle bus to travel to Nickerson Field. Parking is extremely limited in the area of Nickerson Field and West Campus. Information will be made available in April 2019.
- All lots throughout BU have accessible parking for those with disabilities. Additional details will be provided in the spring for any guests requiring a designated accessible parking permit.
- For more information please contact email@example.com.