1. Herbert, A. et al. Open-access database of candidate associations from a genome-wide SNP scan of the Framingham Heart Study. Nat Genet 39, 135-6 (2007).
2. Herbert, A. et al. A common genetic variant is associated with adult and childhood obesity. Science 312, 279-83 (2006).
3. Herbert, A. et al. BMI modifies associations of IL-6 genotypes with insulin resistance: the Framingham Study. Obesity (Silver Spring) 14, 1454-61 (2006).
4. Van Steen, K. et al. Genomic screening and replication using the same data set in family-based association testing. Nat Genet 37, 683-91 (2005).
5. Herbert, A. et al. The -174 IL-6 GG genotype is associated with a reduced risk of type 2 diabetes mellitus in a family sample from the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute’s
6. Herbert, A. The four Rs of RNA-directed evolution. Nat Genet 36, 19-25 (2004).
7. Herbert, A., Wagner, S. & Nickerson, J. A. Induction of protein translation by ADAR1 within living cell nuclei is not dependent on RNA editing. Mol Cell 10, 1235-46 (2002).
8. Herbert, A. & Rich, A. The role of binding domains for dsRNA and Z-DNA in the in vivo editing of minimal substrates by ADAR1. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98, 12132-7 (2001).
9. Schwartz, T., Rould, M. A., Lowenhaupt, K., Herbert, A. & Rich, A. Specific Recognition of left-handed Z-DNA: Co-crystal structure of the Za DNA recognition motif of ADAR1 at 2.1Å resolution. Science 284, 1841-1845 (1999).
10. Herbert, A., Kim, Y.-G., Alfken, J., Nishikura, K. & Rich, A. A Z-DNA binding domain from the human editing enzyme dsRNA adenosine deaminase. Proceedings of the National Academy of Science, USA 94, 12875-12879 (1997).