Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine Spring 2015 Seminar Series: Friday, February 6,
- September 2007 – present: PhD Program – Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA
Dr. Lawreen Connors Lab – Advisor
- 2007: Bachelor of Science in Biology,. Niagara University. Lewiston, NY
Minor in Chemistry
Investigation of the systemic amyloidoses, taking a particular focus on amyloid protein associations with the extracellular chaperone Clusterin, characterizing circulating amyloid precursor protein molecular complex formation, and elucidating the role molecular chaperones play in amyloid fibril formation.
- Oral Presentations:
- Greene MJ, Soo Hoo P, Laporte K, Seldin DC, Connors LH. 2010 Histopathologic and Serologic Evidence for a Role for the Molecular Chaperone Clusterin in Amyloidotic Cardiomyopathy. XIIth International Symposium on Amyloidosis, Rome, Italy. Plenary Symposium.
- Poster Presentations:
- Bissonnette S, Greene MJ, LaPorte K, Klimtchuk E, Seldin D, Connors LH. 2010. Investigating Senile Systemic Amyloidosis through TTR cytoxicity in cell culture. 2010 American Geriatrics Society Annual Scientific Meeting. Orlando, FL
- Greene, MJ., Laporte K, Klimtchuk E, Seldin D and Connors LH. 2009. Amyloidogenic Nature of Circulating Transthyretin Variants, V122I and V30A, and the Effect of the NSAID, Diflunisal. United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology, 98th Annual Conference. Boston, MA.
- Greene, MJ., Leonard DA., and Merhige ME. 2007. Differential Expression of Interleukin-5 Receptor Isoforms in Patients with Obstructive Coronary Artery Disease. Eastern Colleges Science Conference. Riverdale, NY.
- Greene, M J., Stampfle, J M., Caro, S E. and Kotarski, M A. 2006. DNA Sequence Analysis of a CHS Gene Family In Gesneriads. Eastern Colleges Science Conference. Philadelphia, PA.
- Caro, S E., Stampfle, J M., Greene, M J. and Kotarski, M A. 2005. Molecular Phylogeny In The Genus Saintpaulia. Rochester Academy of Sciences Conference. Rochester, NY.
- Greene, M J., Toetz, C. and Greene, R S. 2005. Differential Intracellular Localization of Porphyrin Photoactive Agents and Induction of Apoptosis in RIF cells. International Conference on Tumor Progression & Therapeutic Resistance. Burlington, MA.
- Publication in The American Journal of Pathology: “Evidence for a Functional Role of the Molecular Chaperone Clusterin in Amyloidotic Cardiomyopathy.” Michael J. Greene, Flora Sam, Pamela T. Soo Hoo, Rupesh Patel, David C. Seldin, and Lawreen H. Connors
- 2010-The Chip Miller Memorial Junior Research Travel Award, National Amyoidosis Foundation.
- 2007-Magna Cum Laude, Niagara University.
- 2007-Departmental Honors for Excellence in Biology, Niagara University.
- 2007-Sigma-Alpha-Sigma Presidential Honor Society, Niagara University.
- 2007-Tri-Beta National Biological Honor Society.
- Physical fitness