Pathology & Laboratory Medicine News Items
- The Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine has formed a new Web Site Committee. The purpose of the committee will be to provide advice about the organization, content and structure of our current website. The team will meet monthly towards the goal of ultimately making our site informative, interesting, easily viewed and technologically current! The group is representative of the various components of the department. Committee members are: Chris Andry, Krzysztof Blusztajn, Lindy Joseph, Mary McGovern, Barbara Slack, Celia Slayter, Debbie Stearns-Kurosawa, Mark Wojnarowicz and Grace Zhao.
- On Friday, January 24th the Graduate School of Medical Sciences held another successful PIBS Graduate Program Interview Day. The full day for 52 candidates consisted of a breakfast; an overview of the programs BUSM has to offer (Pathology included); 3-4 interviews with faculty; lunch with Program Directors and Department Chairs; tours and an end-of-day Poster/Interview session. Representatives for Pathology at the Poster/Interview session included: Faculty – Drs. Susan Winandy, New Graduate Program Director, Krzysztof Blusztajn, Ivana Delalle, Barbara Slack, and Jackie Sharon as well as current PhD candidates; Parul Agnihotri, Zach Hunter, Caitlin Miller, Jess Ritter and Nicole Stauffer. Thank you all for sharing your time and research!
- Dr. Ivana Delalle’s funded collaboration with Dr. Li-Huei Tsai at MIT has been accepted for publication in Cell: JJ Jinsoo Seo1,2,3, Paola Giusti-Rodriguez1,2, Ying Zhou1,2,3, Andrii Rudenko1,2,3, Sukhee Cho1,2, Kristie T. Ota1,2,, Christine Park1,2, Holger Patzke1,2, Ji-Song Guan1,2, Ling Pan1,2,3, Ram Madabhushi1,2,3, Ivana Delalle4, and Li-Huei Tsai1,2,3 : “Activity-dependent p25 Generation Regulates Synaptic Depression and Aß-induced Pathology.” 1The Picower Institute for Learning and Memory, 2Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 3Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 4Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine
- Christopher Dittus and Dana Semmel; “Leishmania amastigotes visualized on bone marrow aspirate in a leishmaniasis and HIV coinfected patient presenting with pancytopenia.” Blood, December 19, 2013 vol. 122 no. 26 4162 http://bloodjournal.hematologylibrary.org/content/122/26/4162.full.pdf+html
- Azadzoi KM, Yang J, and Siroky M. “Neural regulation of sexual function in men.” WJ Clin Urol 24; 2(3): 32-41, 2013
- Liu D, Liu C, Li J, Azadzoi KM et al: “Proteomic analysis reveals increased acetylation in human amyotrophic lateral sclerosis spinal cord.” PLOS ONE 8(12):e80779, 2013
- King EG, Bauza GJ, Mella JR, Remick DG. “Pathophysiologic mechanisms in septic shock.” Lab Invest 2014; 94(1):4-12
- Craciun FL, Iskander KN, Chiswick EL, Stepien DM, Henderson JM, Remick DG. “Early murine polymicrobial sepsis predominantly causes renal injury.” Shock 2014; 41(2):97-103
- Bauza G, Moitra R, Remick D. “Adenosine receptor antagonists effect on plasma-enhanced killing.” Shock 2014; 41(1):62-66
- Yang SH, Gustafson J, Gangidine M, Stepien D, Schuster R, Pritts TA, et al. “A murine model of mild traumatic brain injury exhibiting cognitive and motor deficits.” J Surg Res 2013; 184(2):981-988
- Remick D. “Use of animal models for the study of human disease-a shock society debate.” Shock 2013; 40(4):345-346