October 9 – Friday @ 2:00 “Dynamin, a Novel PharmacologicalTarget in Chronic Kidney...
Pathology & Laboratory Medicine News Items –
- CAP (College of American Pathologist) 2013, Orlando Florida, October 13-16, 2013; Accepted:
- “Validation Of Pre-transfusion Compatibility Testing In PEG In A Semi-automated Transfusion Service” (Poster No. 98 – p 1371) – Josenia Tan and Karen Quillen – Abstract accepted to CAP 2013, poster presentation
- “Benign Epithelial Inclusions In Axillary Lymphnodes” (Poster No. 69 – p 1452) – Anita Deshpande, MD; Josenia Tan, MD; Melinda Lerwill, MD; Grace Zhao, MD; selected abstract for poster presentation at CAP ’13.
- “Utility Of Fetal Tissue Examination in Intrauterine Fetal Demise Autopsies;” (Poster No. 95 – p 1508)
- Cathryn Byrne-Dugan, MD, et al – Abstract accepted to CAP 2013, poster presentation
- From Dr. Carmen Sarita-Reyes: on page 166: http://www.archivesofpathology.org/doi/pdf/10.5858/arpa.2013-0354-AB; presented by Yue Sun, MD and Antonio de las Morenas, MD; “Anaplastic Thyroid Carcinoma and Potential Therapeutic Target” (Poster No. 152 – p 1525)
- Dr. Daniel Remick was the Keynote Speaker, 15th Congress of the European Shock Society, Vienna Austria, September 2013; “Sepsis, When you die we want to know why”
- Dr. Remick also participated in “Meet the Expert, Ludwig Boltzmann Institute of Traumatology,” Vienna Austria in September 2013
- Daoreuang Pongvongkeo, Angel Lui, Genevieve Matnog, and John Lee from the Hematology Lab have validated a new automated urinalysis platform, the iRICELL Plus, that went live 9/9/13. This new automated platform will improve efficiency in performing and releasing urinalysis results.
- Dr. Barbara Nikolajczyk presented her teams’ work “Lymphocytes regulate inflammation in human type 2 diabetes” at the Aegean Conference on Immunometabolism in Rhodes, Greece, September 17, 2013
- Dr. Barb Nikolajczyk also presented her teams’ work “Roles of B cells in type 2 diabetes and T2D-associated periodontal disease” at the Forsyth Institute in Cambridge, MA September 26, 2013
- Dr. David Sherr was featured in an article in International Innovations in which I discuss the role of the environment in breast cancer progression. See the URL below. http://www.bumc.bu.edu/immunology/files/2006/10/Final-High-resolution-p93-95_David_Sherr.pdf
- Dr. Daniel Remick was the Keynote Speaker, at the 11th Annual Advances in Inflammation Research, Brown University, September 26th & 27th; “The roles of adenosine and antibodies in sepsis”
- Daniel Remick, MD is the Chair and invited speaker, 46th Annual Meeting of the Society for Leukocyte Biology, Providence Rhode Island, “Leukocytes and mediators that influence survival”
- MD/PhD candidate Nick Woolf, in the Rahimi Lab, was recently accepted as a fellow in BU’s 2013-2014 Cross-Disciplinary Training in Nanotechnology for Cancer (XTNC) program. This fellowship will fund his research stipend for at least one year (two with a renewal application). It’s a great opportunity for Nick to meet other PhD students in the sciences at BU, and he will be learning the nuances of several techniques with nanobiology applications.
- Resident Manisha Mehta, MD has had her abstract, ‘Vitreous cytology: A diagnostic glimpse into the eye’ Manisha Mehta, MD; Reena Rashid, MD; Stephen Foster, MD; Nora Laver, MD, accepted as a talk at the http://aaoop.org/annual-meetings/2013-aaoop-annual-meeting/” target=”_blank” title=”http://aaoop.org/annual-meetings/2013-aaoop-annual-meeting/”>2013 AAOOP (American Association of Ocular Oncologists and Pathologists) Annual Meeting>, “Memorial Celebration of the Life and Work of Dr. Lorenz E. Zimmerman with Anastasia Zimmerman” on November 15th in New Orleans
- The Nikolajczyk Lab has received a 1 year Diabetes Complications Consortium Grant from the NIH
- Welcome to our NEW dedicated Residency Program Coordinator, Mark Uva!