Admission Requirements & Tuition Information
Eligibility for Admission
We offer rolling admissions, however, applications for Fall must be completed no later than August 1 and applications for Spring must completed by December 1.
- have a baccalaureate degree in public health, psychology, emergency management, biology, natural science, criminal justice, fire science, sociology, registered nurses or management science from an accredited university
- demonstrate an interest or background in healthcare emergency management.
Academic Year: September 2, 2015 – May 7, 2016
Fall: September 2, 2015 – December 19, 2015
Spring: January 20, 2016 – May 7, 2016
Full-time students will be billed $23,711 each semester
PLEASE NOTE: If a student is enrolled for less than six credit hours in any single semester (fall, spring, or summer) and not certified full-time, financial aid eligibility will be restricted to non-federal loans and cost of attendance will only include tuition, fees, and book costs. For more info, visit the Graduate Medical Sciences Financial webpages.
|September to May (9 month budget for full-time students)|
|COMMUNITY SERVICE/ PROGRAM FEE||$220|
|HEALTH AND WELLNESS FEE||$348|
|ROOM & BOARD||$12,620|
|TUITION||$1,482 per credit|
|COMMUNITY SERVICE/PROGRAM FEE||$60 per semester|
|NO COURSE ENROLLMENT|
|CONTINUING STUDENT FEE||$2,964 per semester|
|PART-TIME||5 1/2 credits or less|
|HALF-TIME||6-11 1/2 credits|
*Summer term is separate from the academic year
PLEASE NOTE: If a student is enrolled for less than six credit hours in any single semester (fall, spring, or summer) and not certified full-time, financial aid eligibility will be restricted to tuition, fees, and book costs only.
To apply online please visit: Healthcare Emergency Management Application
An application package includes:
(1) A completed online application
(2) Three letters of recommendation
(3) Official (sealed) Transcript(s) sent from your former college and/or graduate school to Boston University School of Medicine
(4) A personal statement
(5) Curriculum Vitae or Resumé
(6) GRE scores (these scores are valid for 5 years; the institution code you will need is 3251) or MCAT scores (MCAT scores are to be mailed or faxed in, please do not send them online)
** we can also accept USMLE scores
(7) International Students must submit their TOEFL scores (550 paper based; 213 computer based; 84 internet based; the institution code you will need is 3251)
(8) Non-refundable online application fee $75
Our admissions committee carefully reviews each component of your application to the BU HEM program. While we do consider GRE scores and GPA, these qualifications are not reviewed in isolation. We are careful to consider your entire application package as a comprehensive representation of your credentials.
Please send all application material to:Division of Graduate Medical Sciences
Boston University School of Medicine Attention: Admissions 72 East Concord St, L-315
Boston, MA 02118-2526
If you have any questions or concerns please contact:
T 617-414-2315 F 617-414-2316
Boston University is VA accredited : http://www.gibill.va.gov/