|Influenza (flu) activity continues to increase in Massachusetts, as well as across the country, according to both the CDC and Mass DPH. The Occupational Health Center is still offering flu vaccine at no cost to Boston University employees. We encourage you to get the vaccine during one of the scheduled walk-in clinics to protect yourself, your colleagues and your family.
Walk-In Clinic Dates/Times:
Please walk-in during the dates and times listed below. These clinics will be open to all BU employees who have yet to receive the flu vaccine.
Human Resources, Crosstown Building, 4th Floor, 801 Massachusetts Ave
Wednesday, January 16th 1:00 – 4:00
Charles River Campus:
Occupational Health Center, 1st Floor, 930 Commonwealth Ave, West (Entrance on Pleasant Street)
Monday, January 14th 10:00 – 1:00
Tuesday, January 15th 9:00 – 1:00
Thursday, January 17th 9:00 – 11:00 AND 2:00 – 4:00
Friday, January 18th 9:00 – 11:00 AND 2:00 – 4:00
- If the dates and times noted above do not work for you please call (617) 353-6630 to schedule an appointment.
- Mass DPH recommends that all health care providers receive the influenza vaccine unless contraindicated.
- Wear a short sleeve shirt to enable easier access to your upper arm area.
You should not receive the vaccine if:
- You have a severe allergy to eggs.
- You have had a severe reaction to an influenza vaccination.
- You have developed Guillain-Barre syndrome within 6 weeks of getting an influenza vaccine.
- You are moderately-to-severely ill. Please wait until you recover to get vaccinated.