Renee D. Boynton-Jarrett, MD, ScD
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
General Field of work: Pediatric Primary Care
BUSM or BMC office address:
850 Harrison Avenue
Boston, MA 02118
Phone: (617) 414-5946
Fax: (617) 414-4541
Undergraduate: Princeton University, AB, Anthropology
Medical School: Yale University School of Medicine
Residency: Johns Hopkins Hospital (Pediatrics)
Graduate School: Harvard School of Public Health, ScD, Social Epidemiology
Key Words: Exposure to violence; Early life adversity and neuroendocrine health; Obesity; Puberty
1. Jun HJ, Corliss HL, Boynton-Jarrett R, Spiegelman D, Austin SB, Wright RJ.Growing up in a domestic violence environment: relationship with developmental trajectories of body mass index during adolescence into young adulthood. J Epidemiol Community Health. 2011 Feb 4.
2. Boynton-Jarrett R, Rich-Edwards JW, Jun HJ, Hibert EN, Wright RJ. Abuse in childhood and risk of uterine leiomyoma: the role of emotional support in biologic resilience. Epidemiology. 2011 Jan;22(1):6-14.
3. Boynton-Jarrett R, Fargnoli J, Suglia SF, Zuckerman B, Wright RJ. Association between maternal intimate partner violence and incident obesity in preschool-aged children: results from the Fragile Families and Child Well-being Study. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2010 Jun;164(6):540-6.
4. Harville EW, Boynton-Jarrett R, Power C, Hyppönen E. Childhood hardship, maternal smoking, and birth outcomes: a prospective cohort study. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2010 Jun;164(6):533-9.
5. Boynton-Jarrett R, Ryan LM, Berkman LF, Wright RJ. Cumulative violence exposure and self-rated health: longitudinal study of adolescents in the United States. Pediatrics. 2008 Nov;122(5):961-70.
6. Jun HJ, Rich-Edwards JW, Boynton-Jarrett R, Austin SB, Frazier AL, Wright RJ. Child abuse and smoking among young women: the importance of severity, accumulation, and timing. J Adolesc Health. 2008 Jul;43(1):55-63. Epub 2008 Mar 6.
7. Jun HJ, Rich-Edwards JW, Boynton-Jarrett R, Wright RJ. Intimate partner violence and cigarette smoking: association between smoking risk and psychological abuse with and without co-occurrence of physical and sexual abuse. Am J Public Health. 2008 Mar;98(3):527-35. Epub 2007 Jun 28.
8. Boynton-Jarrett R, Rich-Edwards J, Malspeis S, Missmer SA, Wright R. A prospective study of hypertension and risk of uterine leiomyomata. Am J Epidemiol. 2005 Apr 1;161(7):628-38.
9. Boynton-Jarrett R, Thomas TN, Peterson KE, Wiecha J, Sobol AM, Gortmaker SL. Impact of television viewing patterns on fruit and vegetable consumption among adolescents. Pediatrics. 2003 Dec;112(6 Pt 1):1321-6.