The focus of my research has always been on transcriptional regulation with a particular emphasis on the impact of cell signaling and post-transcriptional modification on global gene expression and chromatin remodeling.
Recently I have been interested in the role of mitochondria in the activation and regulation of the adipose tissue microenvironment in both physiological condition and metabolic disease progression. In particular, I am investigating the correlation between mitochondrial dysfunction and mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) instability with the regulation of the immune response and the metabolic reprogramming during cellular stress and aging.
- English J, Son JM, Cardamone MD, Lee C, Perissi V. Decoding the rosetta stone of mitonuclear communication. Pharmacol Res. 2020 Aug 23; 161:105161. PMID: 32846213
- Cardamone MD, Orofino J, Labadorf A, Perissi V. Chromatin Immunoprecipitation of Murine Brown Adipose Tissue. J Vis Exp. 2018 11 21; (141). PMID: 30531713
- Mahdaviani K, Benador IY, Su S, Gharakhanian RA, Stiles L, Trudeau KM, Cardamone M, Enríquez-Zarralanga V, Ritou E, Aprahamian T, Oliveira MF, Corkey BE, Perissi V, Liesa M, Shirihai OS. Mfn2 deletion in brown adipose tissue protects from insulin resistance and impairs thermogenesis. EMBO Rep. 2017 Jul; 18(7):1123-1138. PMID: 28539390.
- Lentucci C, Belkina AC, Cederquist CT, Chan M, Johnson HE, Prasad S, Lopacinski A, Nikolajczyk BS, Monti S, Snyder-Cappione J, Tanasa B, Cardamone MD, Perissi V. Inhibition of Ubc13-mediated Ubiquitination by GPS2 Regulates Multiple Stages of B Cell Development. J Biol Chem. 2017 Feb 17; 292(7):2754-2772.PMID: 28039360; DOI: 10.1074/jbc.M116.755132;.
- Cederquist CT, Lentucci C, Martinez-Calejman C, Hayashi V, Orofino J, Guertin D, Fried SK, Lee MJ, Cardamone MD, Perissi V. Systemic insulin sensitivity is regulated by GPS2 inhibition of AKT ubiquitination and activation in adipose tissue. Mol Metab. 2017 Jan; 6(1):125-137. PMID: 28123943; DOI: 10.1016/j.molmet.2016.10.007;.
- Huang J, Cardamone MD, Johnson HE, Neault M, Chan M, Floyd ZE, Mallette FA, Perissi V. Exchange Factor TBL1 and Arginine Methyltransferase PRMT6 Cooperate in Protecting G Protein Pathway Suppressor 2 (GPS2) from Proteasomal Degradation. J Biol Chem. 2015 Jul 31; 290(31):19044-54. PMID: 26070566. PubMed
- Cardamone MD, Tanasa B, Chan M, Cederquist CT, Andricovich J, Rosenfeld MG, Perissi V. GPS2/KDM4A pioneering activity regulates promoter-specific recruitment of PPAR?. Cell Rep. 2014 Jul 10; 8(1):163-76. PMID: 24953653. PubMed
- Cardamone MD, Krones A, Tanasa B, Taylor H, Ricci L, Ohgi KA, Glass CK, Rosenfeld MG, Perissi V. A protective strategy against hyperinflammatory responses requiring the nontranscriptional actions of GPS2. Mol Cell. 2012 Apr 13; 46(1):91-104. PMID: 22424771. PubMed
- Cardamone MD, Bardella C, Gutierrez A, Di Croce L, Rosenfeld MG, Di Renzo MF, De Bortoli M. ERalpha as ligand-independent activator of CDH-1 regulates determination and maintenance of epithelial morphology in breast cancer cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009 May 5; 106(18):7420-5. PMID: 19383788: PubMed
- Hu Q, Kwon YS, Nunez E, Cardamone MD, Hutt KR, Ohgi KA, Garcia-Bassets I, Rose DW, Glass CK, Rosenfeld MG, Fu XD. Enhancing nuclear receptor-induced transcription requires nuclear motor and LSD1-dependent gene networking in interchromatin granules. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008 Dec 9; 105(49):19199-204. PMID: 19052240 PubMed
- Nunez E, Kwon YS, Hutt KR, Hu Q, Cardamone MD, Ohgi KA, Garcia-Bassets I, Rose DW, Glass CK, Rosenfeld MG, Fu XD. Nuclear receptor-enhanced transcription requires motor- and LSD1-dependent gene networking in interchromatin granules. Cell. 2008 Jul 11; 134(1):189. PMID: 18630350. PubMed
Complete list can be found at BU Profiles