Biochemistry Russek Day Submission 2014
APPLICATIONS ARE NO LONGER BEING ACCEPTED FOR 2014
2014 Biochemistry Russek Award. Please note that general Russek Day instructions are here
If you are a PhD student and want to compete for a Student Achievement Award please submit to the Biochemistry Awards Committee in one PDF packet by April 4, 2014 at 5 pm. Without exception, NO LATE applications will be accepted (this includes the letter of recommendation from your advisor so be sure to ask him/her with enough advance notice).
To apply, please provide a single PDF that includes:
- A copy of your Russek poster abstract (also submitted separately to the Russek committee here)
- An official transcript of your graduate curriculum
- A letter of support from your mentor (and any other additional letters that are supportive to help your departmental committee in their deliberations)
- An updated CV
- A copy of published manuscripts and/or publications in press or in final draft form.
- A personal statement (at minimum: describe why you are in science, your particular research interests, and future career goals). Please describe in your personal statement any activities that you have participated in during your graduate training that have enriched the academic and/or research environment for others either at the departmental or Divisional level.
This should also be submitted as a PDF using the link below.
A separate letter of recommendation from your thesis advisor is required and should be submitted below.
The Student Affairs Committee/Russek Selection Committee will select and announce the awardees.