Biochemistry Graduate Student Fellowship Program
We are pleased to announce a new graduate student fellowship program that is being funded by a generous endowment gift to the Department of Biochemistry from the family of a BUSM alumnus. This competitive award will pay 50% of the stipend for one year for each of two students doing their dissertations in the laboratories of our primary faculty. We are inviting all qualified applicants to apply.
The qualifications are:
1. Applicants must be Department of Biochemistry graduate students in the laboratory of a faculty member holding a primary appointment in the Department of Biochemistry; this includes both Ph.D. and M.D./Ph.D. students affiliated with the Biochemistry or Biochemistry/Cell & Molecular Biology programs.
2. Applicants must have passed all qualifying exams (oral and written).
3. Applicants must expect to remain in the program for at least 1 year from the start of the award.
4. Students supported by training grants or other fellowships are not eligible.
The application materials include (assembled in the order stated and sent as a single pdf file):
1. Cover page stating applicant’s name, thesis advisor, degree program, and entering year
2. Description of the applicant’s research (up to 1 page)
3. Personal statement that includes career goals (up to 1 page)
5. Graduate school transcript
6. Letter of recommendation from the thesis advisor (the latter to be submitted separately by the advisor)
Look for new Applications deadline. It is the applicant’s responsibility to submit all materials to Mary Giles (firstname.lastname@example.org) by this deadline, and to be sure that the thesis advisor submits his/her letter of recommendation on time as well. Please be sure to give your advisor enough advance notice of your intention to apply so that he/she has enough time to submit the letter. NO LATE APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED!
Fellowship Selection Committee
Dr. Stephen Farmer
Dr. David Harris
Dr. Matthew Layne
Dr. Barbara Schreiber
Dr. Barbara Smith